2022 Pheasant Fest Omaha

I had to cancel my plans. Family emergency and my wife had to fly back east. That left me with 2 dogs and a 12 week old puppy to take care of.
On the upside I probably saved a few hundred on hotel and fuel to spend on something else.

We went yesterday and today. Pretty neat expo, that is for sure. I was a little disappointed that none of the ammo vendors were selling anything, kind of a tease. I also have been searching for a Benelli Ultra Light for almost 15 months now...of course...they had one there but wouldn't sell it. I have also been in the market for a top tier hunting vest for some time, but really didn't want to drop the $$ without handling it first. Chief, Hunt Redi, Pyke, Final Rise etc were all there. I ended up with a Hunt Redi and all I can say is....wow. Their quality is top notch.

Went to gock-around, talked to a bunch of like minded folks there, vendors and attendees. Brought back a Mud River truck divider/organizer. It attaches to the headrests of the front seats and has little bungy cords to tighten-up against the seat backs (crewcab truck). I might just use a couple of zip ties to secure the bottom. It has 2 pockets for guns that run the length of it and 3 or 4 pockets across the top. Tons of venders. Talked with the Remington fellas, as expected, they echoed that no components (primers, brass, wads, etc) will be available until the loaded ammo demand is satisfied, it could be years yet I am guessing, they wouldn't speculate on the time frame, but they are back which is a great thing. It sounds like few here reload...shotshells anyway, but maybe more do handgun & rifle. It seemed bigger when it was in Sioux Falls several years ago.

We went yesterday and today. Pretty neat expo, that is for sure. I was a little disappointed that none of the ammo vendors were selling anything, kind of a tease. I also have been searching for a Benelli Ultra Light for almost 15 months now...of course...they had one there but wouldn't sell it. I have also been in the market for a top tier hunting vest for some time, but really didn't want to drop the $$ without handling it first. Chief, Hunt Redi, Pyke, Final Rise etc were all there. I ended up with a Hunt Redi and all I can say is....wow. Their quality is top notch.
I don't need a new vest and I like what I have but the gear fairy is strong within me. I doubt I could have gone and left without one.

Was there any one thing or feature that separated the Hunt Redi vest from the other vests for you?

I don't need a new vest and I like what I have but the gear fairy is strong within me. I doubt I could have gone and left without one.

Was there any one thing or feature that separated the Hunt Redi vest from the other vests for you?
For me it was how adjustable it was. You can literally make adjustments of all components of 1/2" for a custom fit. There are so many options that you can add on and literally attachment points everywhere.The quality of materials you can tell is top notch...the backpack style belt will carry the weight well and will be comfortable all day long. It is super heavy weight material, so it will take a bit to break in. They had a couple with a season or two on them there and it does soften up and become more pliable.

I had really high hopes for Pyke...but I wasn't a fan of those. The strap material is that of a seatbelt and was super hard to adjust for some reason. Quality materials for sure...I just didn't like the lay out. Same with Chief...it seemed like a super slender fit and you would be limited on what you could carry.

Final Rise was a close contender, as they had a lot of similarities with Hunt Redi, they were just not as adjustable. One perk is that they were slightly cheaper...but at that point it is moot. They also were not selling anything there and only took pre orders. Hunt Redi had a ton of inventory and the guys were super helpful. They spent over an hour with my getting it set up and adjusted, so it is basically a custom fit for how me now. Highly recommend.

For me it was how adjustable it was. You can literally make adjustments of all components of 1/2" for a custom fit. There are so many options that you can add on and literally attachment points everywhere.The quality of materials you can tell is top notch...the backpack style belt will carry the weight well and will be comfortable all day long. It is super heavy weight material, so it will take a bit to break in. They had a couple with a season or two on them there and it does soften up and become more pliable.

I had really high hopes for Pyke...but I wasn't a fan of those. The strap material is that of a seatbelt and was super hard to adjust for some reason. Quality materials for sure...I just didn't like the lay out. Same with Chief...it seemed like a super slender fit and you would be limited on what you could carry.

Final Rise was a close contender, as they had a lot of similarities with Hunt Redi, they were just not as adjustable. One perk is that they were slightly cheaper...but at that point it is moot. They also were not selling anything there and only took pre orders. Hunt Redi had a ton of inventory and the guys were super helpful. They spent over an hour with my getting it set up and adjusted, so it is basically a custom fit for how me now. Highly recommend.
The service you got was well worth a couple of bucks difference. I like companies that earn your business.

Back