2022 Forecast Is Out

One of these days I'm going to step into one of those pockets of birds and kill a limit all in one rise.

I've done 3 in one rise in Northeast Kansas 2 or 3 years ago. Shot a true double, one of which was a scotch double. Didn't even try for a 4th. Jacked the 3rd shell out of my gun, sent the dogs for the fetches and walked right back to my car.

11E78239-B99A-43C3-90F8-DD8F803E5219.jpeg

Last edited:
Down here north of Tulsa we had well over an inch around 9/1. Not a drop since. Can’t even tell we got that now. Humidity is around 18 percent most afternoons. It does feel nice out now. I do think we had a fair bobwhite hatch down here considering the conditions.

Here is what to expect. From I-35 west.
Milo is cut and stalks are all getting baled. Corn is getting cut and stalks are getting baled. Crp has already been baled. Most winter wheat has not been drilled. The stuff that was drilled came up and is now dead. Every inch of feed is needed due to the shortage of hay and everybody i know is running swathers full time.

Here is what to expect. From I-35 west.
Milo is cut and stalks are all getting baled. Corn is getting cut and stalks are getting baled. Crp has already been baled. Most winter wheat has not been drilled. The stuff that was drilled came up and is now dead. Every inch of feed is needed due to the shortage of hay and everybody i know is running swathers full time.
oh boy, moonscape conditions, sad.

Back