2020 season gun jams

Simple gas system, stainless magazine tube, really ahead of its time back then. Cut checkering, a lot to like about this gun. High grade walnut on their upper end models like the DU guns, and they removed wood from the inside of the field gun stocks to lighten them
I actually used two field guns this fall without a malfunction. Here’s a SKB 3000 I recut the checkering on, lifted the dents, & refinished b4 the season started.

Attachments

• BB902A15-A7CA-4CF2-BDF5-03770AF4DACA.jpeg
    BB902A15-A7CA-4CF2-BDF5-03770AF4DACA.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 8CD49FFE-AE35-4E98-9E2D-904ED43E23CD.jpeg
    8CD49FFE-AE35-4E98-9E2D-904ED43E23CD.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 7
  • 98EEFC6C-DE40-491C-963B-9C7BF1E1DA85.jpeg
    98EEFC6C-DE40-491C-963B-9C7BF1E1DA85.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
We mainly hunt with a couple Wingmaster LW 20 gauges; picked these up in the early 80’s when the local Farm & Fleet decided to stop selling guns. Great to carry upland guns, I grew up on 870’s. Hard to beat the reliability of pumps; hard to beat the recoil reductions semi’s have to offer. My LW stock ended up with cracks typical of pumps that had lots of rounds cycled. The manufacturers weren’t so fussy about walnut grades - too nice to throw out. Didn’t own a semi until roughly 20 years ago. The recoil reduction while waterfowling has been huge. Just more cleaning with the semi’s

Attachments

• 7CE670B7-6B34-4B70-B91A-3C89CC277F8B.jpeg
    7CE670B7-6B34-4B70-B91A-3C89CC277F8B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • 2A17B508-F579-4C85-AF4F-64CE41FE8441.jpeg
    2A17B508-F579-4C85-AF4F-64CE41FE8441.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
I think Remington will take care of you. I have a safe full of Remington 700 rifles (I used a Remington 700 Light Police Rifle in 308 back when I was an LE sniper, it's still one of my favorite & most accurate rifles) as well as a nice selection of 870s & even an 887, and Remington has always been great with the few issues and many questions I had over the years...
Hope you are right, but I've been trying to get in touch with Remington's service center in North Carolina by every means possible for months.

Could be very much appreciated if you could share if you get real person contact info (their auto reply and voice mail still were working when I finally gave up - but no beating heart behind them).

You know that Remington went bankrupt and was broken up / sold off, right? When whatever is left gets it’s act back together, who knows what they’ll produce and support. Best of luck but you’ll turn blue if you’re holding your breath.

You know that Remington went bankrupt and was broken up / sold off, right? When whatever is left gets it’s act back together, who knows what they’ll produce and support. Best of luck but you’ll turn blue if you’re holding your breath.
Yes, thanks, I was aware but had hoped their purchasers would make some attempt to salvage the brand, in part by continuing to service what the company sells. Or used to. Bad management on their part and good lawyers on the side of evil -- bad combination.

Primary interest of at least one purchaser appears to have been to eliminate the competition. I've long much preferred the excellent STS loads in 12 and 20, but not sure I can adjust mentally to the "reset" price structure. If I ever see a stack at reasonable prices again, I'll probably fill up the garage.

Had an issue with Remington 48 auto not cycling every time . Took it to a gun smith in Downs Ks who cleaned the chamber with solvent and a wire bore brush. He explained to me that some plastic is deposited from the shells when fired causing buildup and thus friction ejecting the fired shell. No more problems however an application of parafin wax occasionally will also help with older guns because when alot of these guns were manufactured we were using paper hulls that were waxed.

Back