2017-18 SW Kansas Pheasant hunting.

Jax74

Looking to add more hunters and their dogs to our group to chase pheasants this 2017-18 season in SW Kansas. We will be staying in Liberal, KS. We hunt WIHA.

Where you guys from? I know November is 8 months away but I wanted to hopefully ask around early that way people could plan well in advance. What kind of dogs do you hunt with?

I would be interested in joining along, and possibly a buddy with me. I have two gsp's and live southeast of San Antonio.

I would be interested in joining along, and possibly a buddy with me. I have two gsp's and live southeast of San Antonio.

Love to have you.
We will arrive in Liberal, KS, Friday Nov. 10. We will hunt definitely Sat. 11th, and Sun. the 12th. A few of us might stay a day or two longer.
RSVP at Super 8 in Liberal KS. They are dog friendly.
KDWP for license info
Out of state license is 97.50
Liberal does have a Wal-Mart.

2017 SW Kansas Liberal, KS pheasant hunt

Love to have you.
We will arrive in Liberal, KS, Friday Nov. 10. We will hunt definitely Sat. 11th, and Sun. the 12th. A few of us might stay a day or two longer.
RSVP at Super 8 in Liberal KS. They are dog friendly.
KDWP for license info
Out of state license is 97.50
Liberal does have a Wal-Mart.

You may have a good hunt this year. Southwest Kansas has received ample moisture lots of good cover out there.

Got room for more. Will be stationed in San Angelo. I was born and raised in Liberal till I joined the Air Force. I've got a GSP that's coming up on her second season and another that this will be her first and she'll be almost fresh out of two months of training.

Advice for opening weekend in the area. Do your research, pick your spots and make sure your the first there. After the first field it's a crap shoot. Especially after the publicity the hatch and moisture are getting this year.

Oh be ready to shoot some quail as well.

Politeness, respect and knocking on doors still works well in the area.

I am also interested. I just moved to Abilene, TX, but hunted in Liberal, KS, last year. I don't have a dog and it would be just me.

SW Kansas pheasant hunting 2017

I am also interested. I just moved to Abilene, TX, but hunted in Liberal, KS, last year. I don't have a dog and it would be just me.
Come on!
Dates---- arrive Nov. 10 2017 check in at Super 8 Motel Liberal, KS on 747 E. Pancake Blvd.
1 (620) 624-8880.
These guys have been dog friendly over the years.
License www.KDWP.com
or Wal-Mart Non-Resident 97.50
Saturday Nov. 11----Breakfast at Pancake House or Motel continental breakfast. regroup at motel for bathroom etc.
Sunrise is around 7:18 am. We will head out plenty early to beat the other hunting parties. i want to be in place when shooting time starts.
We will be hunting big fields and all WIHA's.
I have enough spots to keep us busy for a couple days.
Saturday evening, Dinner and shut eye. If you feel inclined to experience Liberal, KS night life, get after it. I did it 20 years ago. Can't quite hang anymore.
Sunday Nov. 12 ----- Breakfast early at Pancake House or motel which ever you choose. Then, regroup to travel out to the fields to hunt.
People began to peel off for home around or shortly after noon. But, I might stay an extra day. If anybody wants to stay awesome.
When I hunt, I try to abide by the rules and practice safety. Please don't hide from the pheasant. Wear blaze orange. Hat, vest. Something to keep other hunters from getting excited and shooting at you or your direction. It can happen! Pushers and Blockers need to be visible. Protective eyewear and earplugs a definite option.
Pay attention to the weather for the weekend and bring clothes accordingly. I've hunted when its clear and 70's and blowing snow and -10. Mother nature can surprise you.
My name is Jason Bullis from Amarillo, TX.
My phone is 806.681.2550.
Hope you can make it.
Last season's trips were prosperous, hoping 2017 will be just as good.

Looks like I'm going to have to bail.this year. My female is pregnant and due Oct 28th..... couldn't be worse timing. If anyone is in search for a DK pup let me know. I hope I can join next year. Good luck!

Back