2015 Iowa County Pheasants Forever Banquet - Feb 14th, Little Amana

PrairieBelle

Hopefully it is ok to post this in the state thread instead of events. It is certainly more applicable to Iowans! We're going to have more prizes than ever this year - I just added 6 more guns last night including a gorgeous A400. Hope to see some of you there! Lucky 8 Tables will be sold out by this weekend, so move quickly if you are interested. All of the money we raise is reinvested locally in habitat projects and youth outdoor education.

Iowa County Pheasants Forever Banquet
Saturday, February 14th, 2015
at the Ramada Inn and Wasserbahn Waterpark, Little Amana (formerly Clarion Inn)

Games/Raffles & Social Hour - 5:00pm
Dinner & Auction - 6:30pm
25+ guns, Special Valentine's Day Sweetheart Raffles, One of a Kind Live Auction

We're doing it again! This time our event lands on Valentine's Day so we will have a beefed up Ladies raffle and some special Sweetheart packages in addition to all of our regular raffles. Bring your lady or escape with the guys - we'd love to have you either way!

Because of the generosity of our sponsors at last year's event in 2014 we were able to work on several habitat projects, support Pheasants Forever's Legislative Action Fund, Farm Bill Biologist program, and introduce over 250 local youth to a variety of outdoor activities! 2014 was our biggest year yet and we're excited to see what 2015 brings. For more information on our chapter, visit http://www.facebook.com/iowacountypf

Tickets:
Membership/Meal: $60
Spouse or Existing Member Meal: $30
Ringneck Membership/Meal(16 or younger): $30

Bottomless Mugs (free draft beer, soda and 25 general raffle tickets): $50

Lucky 8's Table (Bring 7 friends! 8 people will be seated together, package includes 8 meal tickets, 200 general raffle tickets and a chance at the Lucky 8 gun): $400

Sportsman's Sponsor (1 membership, 2 meals, 2 bottomless mugs with 25 general raffle tickets in each mug. A family or business name will be recognized in the program.): $200

Ramada is offering $89 standard rooms with water park passes for the night of our event.

Early bird orders must be postmarked by January 30th. An order form is available on our facebook, or via email: iowacountypf@gmail.com

Last edited:
We are now sold out of the Tables of 8 and are expecting a full house so please reserve your seats early. We're up to 30 guns with a little shopping left to do.

A few live auction highlights:

Very well bred female shorthair pup - White and Liver patched and ticked. She is very smart and eager to please, I taught her 'fetch' and 'come' in 5 minutes each. She's a doll!

Couples Getaway to Dubuque, Iowa.

Items from local craftsmen - personalized barn signs, metal pheasant art, clocks, gun cabinet, etc.

Whole hog with processing.

$10,000 lumber coupon from Beisser Lumber

Guided Fly or Ice Fishing Trip for Two to the Driftless Region or Iowa Great Lakes

And much, much, more! See you next weekend!

Hope the banquet goes well! Wish we were closer and we need to for sure get involved in our PF group. Just havent gotten there yet.

But I sure which they would stop auctioning off live animals. Live animals shouldnt be an impulse buy. :( Unless of coarse it is a live hog.....that can TOTALLY be impulse buy!

Thanks for the well wishes! We are pretty careful about where our pups go and so far have had great luck. My favorite dog is a banquet puppy and while our last few dogs don't hunt much, they are well loved "couch" pets. I think the fact that our dogs are a 600-900 dollar investment helps weed out those who may be impulse buying, per say.

Back