2009 UGUIDE South Dakota Pheasant Hunting Update for February

UGUIDE

Pheasant Hunters,

Here are the important current updates concerning the 2009 Pheasant Season and UGUIDE Pheasant Camp Opportunities.

• We dropped deposit rate from 50% down to 25% now and the 25% due on June 1st. UGUIDE stimulus package J
  • Stoney Butte Creek is now available for booking Weeks 4 -12. I had to mark them as “R” reserved until I could get confirmation with the land owner that we could switch from the semi-guided approach used in 2008 to the standard self-guided model that UGUIDE specializes in for 2009 and beyond. (Note: I had some hunters at this camp in 2008 that said “with these changes this will be one of the best places to hunt pheasants in the state”). This camp was producing limits every week of season.
  • Late season value pack is from Week 8 and on, if you have a group of 8 or better, you can book both Pheasant Camp Lodge and Cattail Haven for your groups total hunting at the same per person rate as if you were only booking one camp. We have found this to be a great setup for late season as when the crops come off it is nice to have a few more acres to hunt.
  • Cattail Haven is open as early as week 2 of season and the only reason this camp tends to book up slower is because it has a single wide trailer home with a capacity of only 4-6 but the hunting can be excellent. This also is only camp where the minimum group size is 4 for the first 6 weeks. Rest are minimum 6.
http://www.uguidesdpheasants.com/availability/

Please let me know if you have questions regarding hunting options.

Last edited:
Im not big on hunting in groups.
Will you ever have late season opportunities for 2-3 guys with 2-3 dogs at similar costs pp?

I understand the need for more hunters in camp but that's just not my style.

Mike, that wasn't my style either before SD. I liked hunting solo and still do. Economics and farmers time value in fall just do not make anything less than group of 4 worthwhile.

Our week 12 rate is 50% off the opening week rate and 3 of our camps drop the minimum group size from 6 down to 4 after week 6.

To keep it a win-win I am encouraging those groups of 2-3 to round up another guy or 2 beucase we also find that for whatever reason a groups of less than 4 are much less successful than the larger groups?

I completely understand what youre saying. My problem is Ive made many new freinds since I began hunting birds-none of them seem to have dogs though. Imagine that..
As you know, it has to be one dog per hunter ratio or a dog is whipped after a few days

Minus one bipolar land owner equals great hunting experience. Addition by subtraction!!!

Back