20 g benelli M3

Lointer man

This may come across as ignorance to some but my stock is hair to long and doesn’t shoulder well with layers/heavy coat on… suggestions?

Lointer man

Don’t know that gun, but you’re in need of a shorter LOP…remove recoil pad? If there is one? New stock? New gun?
Very 1st thing is try and find a stock man that knows what he's doing. If not have someone with a band saw cut some off. Start with 1/4 inch. You probably won't need to work your pad down with 1/4. If you need 1/2 you'll have to work your pad down to match the stock. Be very careful not to screw up the pitch.

I’m not familiar with it either but Wikipedia says some super nova stocks are interchangeable. Maybe a short pad intended for a super nova would work ?
You could always just sand / roll over the toe on the pad? On your m3 that would help some

I got rid of a Franchi Affinity for this reason. Kept catching in my armpit. Plus I hated the safety. Anyway, another option would be to wear thinner clothes. If its really cold, throw on under armor cold gear or a merino wool shirt and a tighter jacket through the armpits. I now try and start the hunt while im cold with less layers because i always wind up a big sweaty mess 1/2 hour in if i start comfortable.

This may come across as ignorance to some but my stock is hair to long and doesn’t shoulder well with layers/heavy coat on… suggestions?

Lointer man
Can sympathize with your situation. I've removed the recoil pad on all my guns for cold weather hunting. On one gun (M2) I replaced the pad with a very thin one - these are available on line. Next spring I'll reinstall the regular pads. You may have to fabricate an insert to the back of the stock, in order to hold a new thin pad.

Lointer man
Your M3 recoil pad sort of peels off, leaving a void in the stock. You can fill that void (temporarily) with a wood insert or plastic, to make it level with the end of the stock. I used some extra foam rubber I had on hand, along with masking tape and fashioned my own pad adding foam as necessary. Tried it with a coat on and it worked fine. The pads on the M2 and 3 are about 1/2 to 3/4" thick; probably necessary if you're shooting with a tee shirt on, but bulky with clothing layers. Not a fancy approach, but it works! I also wrap plastic friction tape around the pad to reduce the friction against my clothing/coat....

Do you still have the pistol grip stock on? Try to put a M2 stock on with the short pad. I use the short pad,13 1/2 or 13 7/8 I think. Special order from Benelli or local Benelli dealer.

Do you still have the pistol grip stock on? Try to put a M2 stock on with the short pad. I use the short pad,13 1/2 or 13 7/8 I think. Special order from Benelli or local Benelli dealer.
I'm not sure they are interchangeable...I tried to use the M3 stock on my M2 and it didn't work. They do make it a challenge to employ a different recoil pad than the Benelli pad. I wrote about this in a previous message...

Back