.17 Winchester Super Magnum rimfire

reddog

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...w-from-winchester-17-winchester-super-magnum/

Ive always been a sucker for rimfires, growing up with many a different .22 long rifle, and moving to a .22 magnum about the time I could drive. They are both fun and cheap to shoot, and work great for teaching good rifle shooting technique.

When Hornady introduced their .17 Hornady magnun rimfire (HMR), I just had to get one.. I dont know why, but I just did. Well, I know why, it was a sleek and attractive cartridge built around a brand new gun.. I compared the .22 magnum to my wife, and the .17 HMR to the 18 year old neighbor girl. I could never have the neighbor girl, but I could have that rifle..

Well, guess what folks, with the Super Magnum coming out, its like the neighbor girl just got a boob job..... I still cant have her... although shes ten years older,,,, but

I'm getting on the waiting list..

Years ago, a local man gave his wife money to go to town and get a new winter coat. She came home with a new Winchester 22 magnum. she fed her family one way or another. LOL

I'm like you, I a lot of times just have to have the new thing on the block when they come out. This new 17 kind of interests me too.

Years ago, a local man gave his wife money to go to town and get a new winter coat. She came home with a new Winchester 22 magnum. she fed her family one way or another. LOL

I'm like you, I a lot of times just have to have the new thing on the block when they come out. This new 17 kind of interests me too.

As I grow older, I tend to lean towards the sub guages and calibers, and Im alright with that... ...

Not too long ago, I said I would never buy another 12ga. Now here I am looking for another 12ga..a trap gun. If I have to shoot what i have already. So be it, I have enough guns to cover just about any need but a dedicated trap gun would be nice.

Being both an accuracy AND rimfire fanatic, I'm intrigued. thanks for posting.

that's a big case,.27 caliber at the web,just before the base.i wonder how much they'll cost?they look to be the size of .22 hornet cases.
oh,what the hell, go ahead and git one

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...w-from-winchester-17-winchester-super-magnum/

Ive always been a sucker for rimfires, growing up with many a different .22 long rifle, and moving to a .22 magnum about the time I could drive. They are both fun and cheap to shoot, and work great for teaching good rifle shooting technique.

When Hornady introduced their .17 Hornady magnun rimfire (HMR), I just had to get one.. I dont know why, but I just did. Well, I know why, it was a sleek and attractive cartridge built around a brand new gun.. I compared the .22 magnum to my wife, and the .17 HMR to the 18 year old neighbor girl. I could never have the neighbor girl, but I could have that rifle..

Well, guess what folks, with the Super Magnum coming out, its like the neighbor girl just got a boob job..... I still cant have her... although shes ten years older,,,, but

I'm getting on the waiting list..

cf6bdd6a_vbattach1086.jpg

.17 caliber rifles require special cleaning rods,jags etc..their thinner
grab one when you buy the rifle.

Already have the gear for the Hummer and my 2- .17 Rems, but thanks for pointing that out.. It seems they like to be shot with a cleaned bbl also..

I thought it looked pretty interesting too. I don't have anyplace with a huge range, so what the .17WSM offers is perfect to me. You're pretty much looking at point blank zero out to 250 yards.

I think the ammo will be comparable to .22 Mag.

Difficult to find one. I'll wait a year & buy one from some disenchanted owner. Ran into a guy selling a Savage plus 1,000 rounds the other day; he wanted $900.00. I told him good luck with that . . .

Back