16 gauge shells

mgorvi

I finally found some Fiochii Golden Pheasant in 6s and ordered a case from Chestnut Ridge. Paid $176 delivered. They always have it in 5s at Gander by my house, but geez the 6s were really hard to find. Now I need to order a couple boxes of Kent TM in the same gauge but I can't seem to locate those either. I found trap load at Recob in Praire Du Sac for $7.29 a box by the case, but they didn't have any of the other stuff. A lot of places carry the stuff but are out of it. I shouldn't have waited so late to order so it's my own fault.

No. 5's

I have found that the No. 5 shot works a lot better in 16 ga. Golden Pheasant shells. I'll be using some starting this Friday. South Dakota bound in the morning! :D :D

Lock and Load! :D

Fiochii

Good luck on your trip. I don't leave until the 1st. I'll grab a couple boxes of 5s on my way out of town. I can maybe try them in mod barrel of my ou and see if I can hit anything with two shots. Hope you get some good dog work and some action to boot.

16 gauge

Wally World finally got 16 gauge shells in for trap. 8.87 a box. They only let you buy three at a time so I gotta go back a couple of times to score a case. I can afford to practice with the darn gun for that price.

That's one of the good things about being a hunter in Massachusetts, my shot opportunities are limited. Last year I noticed I only had one box of field loads left for my 16ga's. I've still got 15 of them left, so I can probably get through this season before I've got to go shopping again.

This was also partly due to my hunting part of the year with a 12 and a 20.

That's gonna stop now, I'm gonna pick a gun for the year and stay with it, I went out once last year and didn't notice I had a mixed bag of shells, with only 2 that fit the gun I was carrying.

16 is my favorite bird gun of all, grouse, pheasant, quail.... Have a sxs and a 870 pump use them both 2 to 1 over my 20 and 12...

16 ga

Ya me too. I am shooting my citori wl 16 better than the sweet 16, but I sure like em' both. Got rid of my 12, per the general's orders.

One of the things that I've noticed when I shoot my a5 16 is that I have to aim a little low on the clays to break them. It might be in my head but it sure seems like it. It shoots different than the ou citori for sure. I just need more practice I guess, but I like em' both. They do point different though.

Back