16 gauge Kent TM or Rio Bismuth

Nice shot or Hevishot

If Kent TM or Rio bismuth can't be found, do I go with Hevishot or Nice Shot in my A5 16gauge. Both are available and NS is $10 cheaper per box.

If Kent TM or Rio bismuth can't be found, do I go with Hevishot or Nice Shot in my A5 16gauge. Both are available and NS is $10 cheaper per box.

Steel shot in the older A5's has been a recent discussion on another site I frequent. While most of what I have read in the past says not to use steel there appears to be quite a few that don't think it's a problem. Especially if you use smaller steel shot and have a more open choke. I'll use up the Kent TM I currently have and when it's gone I'll probably try some #4 steel shot shells. I doubt I shoot more than a box of non-tox per year so I'm not too worried about using some steel. It appears the biggest issue is possible scoring of the barrel but with the new wads I doubt that would happen. Besides, my Sweet is a shooter and not a collector gun. When I've used non-tox in my 16 ga. Citori I used the Federal Premium loads and they seemed to work quite well.

Back