1 foot of snow forecasted for central Kansas... What!!!

lefty

Tuesday may be some damn fine hunting.
Not sure about Monday... could be dicey.... may pack those tire chains after all.

... WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY EVENING THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DODGE CITY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY EVENING THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON.

RAIN WILL BEGIN SATURDAY NIGHT AND CONTINUE SUNDAY... CHANGING TO SNOW SUNDAY AFTERNOON. LOCALLY HEAVY SNOWFALL MAY OCCUR SUNDAY NIGHT AND MONDAY. STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL OF 8 TO 10 INCHES WITH LOCAL AMOUNTS NEAR A FOOT WILL OCCUR BY THE TIME THE SNOW TAPERS OFF MONDAY. NORTH WINDS WILL INCREASE TO 20 TO 30 MPH SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY... RESULTING IN BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF THE SNOW.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

You guy's are more than welcome to have it. But could make for some good hunting for you after wards. :thumbsup: I hope we don't get any for a while,seems like we just got rid of last years. We did get 4-5 " but it all melted off.

Only rain so far and boy oh boy, what a muddy mess out here right now. I will probably give up pheasant hunting when I die.

Give us a foot, and we'll take an inch.

Well, now down from a foot to barely an inch, if that, and not for long.

Tonight Sunday 15 November 2009: Snow, mainly before 5am. Low around 31. Blustery, with a north northwest wind between 16 and 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Monday 16 November 2009: A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly before 8am. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Breezy, with a north northwest wind between 16 and 23 mph. Little or no snow accumulation expected. â?? NOAA/NWS Dodge City

Your tellin me! I just got back from bein stranded in Washington Ks, there was about 13 inches this mornin, that would have been great but unfortunately even with a 4 wheel drive we couldnt navigate the roads since there wasnt any gravel! Oh well let the ditch chickens live for another few weeks! lol

Back