Ultimate Pheasant Hunting Forums

H
Hillbilly
Thanks for replying. We were trying to plan a hunt for next season. Trying to narrow down where we were going to go, wanting to hunt wild birds not the preserves. So either public or even farmers that would allow hunting for a trespass fee. Would be great to see some grouse or partdidge. I saw that there are some WPAs there along the river in both counties.
H
Hillbilly
Does the crowd thin out quite a bit after the opening week or so?
webguy
webguy
Hey Hillbilly. Gregory is great area. 80+ commercial operations in the area, great people, great food, etc. Gregory gets pounded pretty hard with the famed "Dallas" strip clubs around opener, so it's a s*** show in the area. If you want to do wild birds, I'd really recommend going a little further west to hunt and/or stay in Gregory. The reservations have great hunting with sharpies/prairie chickens/pheasants.
webguy
webguy
I was up antelope hunting in Bison a few years back and I've never seen so many sharpies in my life. The further west and more remote you go, the more I think you would enjoy it. How many times have you hunted in SD? I didn't want to impose or bark into your conversation, but I can help. I've hunted almost every county in South Dakota.
H
Hillbilly
Thanks for replying. This would be our first trip to SD. You are excatly the experienced person that I would like to hear information from. How would one get access to reservation land? It would be great to chase some sharpies or partridge. I figured the opening week would be crowded so we were going to avoid it and come a little later.
Reactions: webguy
Back