Which Benelli Ultralight?

Labradinger

The 24 or 26? I shoot a 24 inch 620 vs Franchi and love it. Just curious on those who shoot a 24 inch-does it swing and balance well? My gut says yes. Its on gunbroker for 1350 in the 24 and ive decided to get one, just making sure that the 24 is the right move

The new Montefeltro is a much better gun. Just as light, a much slimmer feel, improved inertia system, and less recoil. And probably a $100 or so less.

What do you intend to use the UL for with a 24 inch barrel? I would be way more inclined to buy a 26 or a 28 inch barrel.

I have a BUL with the 24" barrels and I shoot it well, overall lenght is the same as my SxS's with a 28" barrel. My buddy has one with the 26" barrel and he loves his so it's really up to you but the 24" will serve you well!
I have read about the Monte having less recoil, I don't buy it, especially if you are shooting the same shells. Guns of the same or close to the same weigh will generate the same recoil. Now if one weighs 6 lbs and the other weighs 7 lbs there will be a difference. Looking at the specs, both have the same LOP, DAC and DAH. While my BUL has a 3" chamber, I don't feel the need to shoot 3" shells from a 6 lbs gun!

Last edited:
It’s for pheasant hunting. I impulse bought a 3.5 inch citori last year. While the thing shoulders amazingly, its 8.5 lbs and after a few hunts Im craving something lighter.
I like the montefeltro but Im not a fan of the low ribs. The other possibility is the Franchi Upland but Id do a safety upgrade since theirs are the size of a .177 cal BB.

I would prefer a longer barrel solely for swinging purposes. That's just me though. 26 inch barrel is ideal for me for pheasant hunting, and I use a Benelli Montrefeltro. I think @benelli-banger uses an Ultralight, maybe he can help.

I don't blame you for not wanting to carry around an 8.5 pound shotgun. That's like an anchor lol

If I was to shoot a 12ga automatic for phez, I would use my Ethos. If fits me well and is well balanced for an auto. My $.02

I’d part with my affinity 3 walnut. Its going to weigh more than 6.75 I’d have to put it on the scale but I’m guessing a hair over 7

Congratulations on your new shotgun, they are very nice! Enjoy it in good health.

I actually returned my Impala. It bent the bolt link twice using 1250-1300 fps 1 1/4 oz loads.

As for mount, it’s heavier and a bit bulkier than a Benelli. Reminded me of a Remington 1100 kinda. I prefer my Benellis

That said it was a nice trap/skeet gun with light loads in it

Last edited:
Id like to get my hands on one, especially for the price. The rib reminds me of a Gold Fusion. Randy Wakeman sure likes them-watched his videos this afternoon and saw his posts on other forums. Have you heard of others breaking or do you think you got a lemon?

Looking at Benelli's web site, the Ultra Light has been replaced with the Montefeltro Ultra Light. 5.3 lbs for the 20 gauge with a 24 inch barrel and a $1949 MSRP

Had it always been that? The gun looks identical to what I know as the Ultra Light. Has the high rib the montefeltro doesnt have.

So the only reason you would buy the Ultra Light is the weight, right??? Don't burden yourself with the weight of that long barrel, captain has the right idea....smith that bad boy down to 20" and post the weight....you will start a trend that all the cool kids will be doing next. I picked one up at Pheasant Fest , I am pretty sure I will never own one, 3 shells??? Is that correct?? I need to weigh my 11-87 loaded-up with 5 shells...you boys would never walk a field with that bird killer! In all fairness, I am seldom in a parcel for much over 2 hours and I am not sure I spent 3 hours in the same parcel all season, so weight is not a factor for a shotgun with me....yet.

Back