Hard core looking for friends to hunt with.

One thing they do, is get tags for people who don't even hunt.That's not legal.They shoot into a heard of elk, wounding elk.They shoot from inside their trucks,then drive off.They spotlight at night.Generally a bunch of hicks.
I have a great deer hunting piece of ground in Wisconsin, it abuts a 5,500 acre wildlife refuge that is only open to humans during the deer season. The number of poachers, thieves, a-holes, trespassers I have encountered over the years - on my property - would astound anyone. I even had a guy drive across a 20acre field, within 10 yards of my stand (with me in it) heading for a herd of 12 deer coming right at me as they should and then shooting out his car window!

He had the audacity to tell me as I confronted him that he "knew the owner". I asked him what he looked like. If I was ever close to committing murder that was it. I was going to put a round through his radiator because his truck was white and I mistook it for a deer tail.

Last edited:
I just freelance. I'm not a conservative, I like classic rock, old gtos, old shotguns, old shells.I generally don't like big game hunters.I just let my dogs go, and I try to keep up.Im not a control freak.I don't use crates,rarely use a leash, except in the city.Im not a country type.I grew up in town. I'm a 5th generation montana guy.
Goose, did you send this to correct forum? Did you mean to send it to Tinder or match.com?

Also you lost most of the pool of hunters when you said you were not a conservative. Who wants to hunt with a libtard
Libtard impolite and politically charged word as is conservatard. Name-calling is for children to be taught not to do.

Last edited:
One thing they do, is get tags for people who don't even hunt.That's not legal.They shoot into a heard of elk, wounding elk.They shoot from inside their trucks,then drive off.They spotlight at night.Generally a bunch of hicks.
Well I guess I couldn’t hunt with you cause I love Elk hunting as much as I do pheasant hunting. But I’ve never done any of the things you suggest Elk hunters do. Yes it happens just like some Pheasant hunters driving around ground pounding roosters out the window. But I do agree with you on the dogs, I let mine run, cover way more ground and find more birds that way, and then hustle over while they hold point.

Well I guess I couldn’t hunt with you cause I love Elk hunting as much as I do pheasant hunting. But I’ve never done any of the things you suggest Elk hunters do. Yes it happens just like some Pheasant hunters driving around ground pounding roosters out the window. But I do agree with you on the dogs, I let mine run, cover way more ground and find more birds that way, and then hustle over while they hold point.
I think hunting with Goose would be a riot. I don't think i fit the bill though I have a dogbox with pointers and I'm a conservative. However, I do like old rock, shotguns and not much of a big game hunter anymore.

Did the throw down between Goose and Golden Hour ever happen? This could be that opportunity!

I also am not a conservative or liberal.
I've lived in blue states (New Jersey), swing states (Michigan, New Hampshire),
and red states (Utah, Idaho, Montana, Alaska)
I've owned Subarus most of my life, but also pickups, revolvers, rifles and shotguns.

I don't think I could hunt with Goose because silence is key to my style of hunting.
Also, big game hunting was my main passion living in Alaska for 30 years.

I also am not a conservative or liberal.
I've lived in blue states (New Jersey), swing states (Michigan, New Hampshire),
and red states (Utah, Idaho, Montana, Alaska)
I've owned Subarus most of my life, but also pickups, revolvers, rifles and shotguns.

I don't think I could hunt with Goose because silence is key to my style of hunting.
Also, big game hunting was my main passion living in Alaska for 30 years.
Owned Subarus? You're a lesbian!

Im Well I guess I couldn’t hunt with you cause I love Elk hunting as much as I do pheasant hunting. But I’ve never done any of the things you suggest Elk hunters do. Yes it happens just like some Pheasant hunters driving around ground pounding roosters out the window. But I do agree with you on the dogs, I let mine run, cover way more ground and find more birds that way, and then hustle over while they hold point.
I'm not a control freak.I just get out there and try to follow my dog.Im very leisurely, and rarely hunt before 10.30. I don't like red necks,this is true.Im not thrilled about big game hunters in general, but if it's done legally, I'm OK with it. I don't really like fisherman. Bird hunting is the sport of royalty. I'm not some rube chasing deer around.

And driven by every "outdoorsy" lesbian in the lower 48.

(BTW, my wife and I have had 3 of them and I'm pretty sure she isn't a lesbian, or at least she wasn't!)
I told my wife when she purchased her first sub if there was something she wanted to tell me, she asked why and I said well you play softball and now you are driving a sub, the flagship for lesbians......She had no clue regarding the subs, she has since up graded her sub and my son drives a forester. They area great vehicles, regardless of your orientation....;)

Back