Runners

II have never known a pheasant not to run as far and fast as possible. I do have a couple of tips

1. Always have a blocker, at the end of the cover.
2. Always hunt towards a good break in cover, not toward infinite cover or toward property that you can't pinch them at a break
3. Never, never give up until the very last of the cover has been well gone through, and even then keep an eye on your dog
Little different approach.
1. Haven't had a blocker in many years. Just me, maybe one more guy sometimes, and my dog(s). Less chance of talking and more chance of saying "Good Boy Rocky!"
2. Agree with Drew and of course GH. Quiet getting out of the truck one of my pet peeves. When I'm solo that's not usually an issue.
3. Had a friend tell me to always keep walking to the end of the field AND touch the fence.

Continued Good Luck everyone.

3. Had a friend tell me to always keep walking to the end of the field AND touch the fence.
That's good advice! I learned that lesson a long time ago. Worn out and thought, no way there's a bird in there. Turned back toward the truck and had a cackling rooster "laughing at me" as he flew away.

Back