Kansas Trespassing Fee for Private Land

It's ALIVE!!!! Thank you, Huede:

Huede said:
Any state with common sense with a good resource of any kind would market it.
Even California does this. Like it or not it's their resource.
Here, hold my beer.

Would you qualify that marketing effort with the phrase "for the benefit of state taxpayers, not the state's wildlife exploitation bureaucracy"?
Not the same thing, unfortunately.

Brace for impact.

Im not even sure what state's wildlife explotation means in regards to pheasant hunting? All I know its as renewable as it gets for game birds. Turn a 100 acre bare field into pollinating habitat...Boom 100 birds in 2-3 years That takes what....money.

Im not even sure what state's wildlife explotation means in regards to pheasant hunting? All I know its as renewable as it gets for game birds. Turn a 100 acre bare field into pollinating habitat...Boom 100 birds in 2-3 years That takes what....money.
Dwindling access opportunities for Kansas resident hunters results when heavy nationwide marketing drives widescale leasing.

Would like to learn more about pollinating habitat vs non-pollinating habitat. Is this a vegetative cover issue, or something more?

BigRand said:
I'm more of a fan of the build it and they will come model of wildlife. If the state would focus on increasing the population of pheasants. As well as increased accessibility. It wouldn't take a lot of money in advertising. Folks would know and hear from word of mouth that pheasants are up in SD.
I'd be happy if the states would just cease and desist actively reducing access for residents (whether intentional or not).

Brown Thanks. I did find a very nice landowner here several years ago that let's me hunt his place. This year I had no luck finding any new land to hunt.

Brown Thanks. I did find a very nice landowner here several years ago that let's me hunt his place. This year I had no luck finding any new land to hunt.
Would you attribute the absence of luck on new places more to the increasing pressure on properties with good bird hunting on them compared with what existed before the massive increases in deer/leasing, or to the progression of the thread to other topics as time went on without positive response to your initial inquiry?

Well, I hope I didn't mess up any opportunity you might have had with my digressions. My gut w/b that any "takers" are likely to step forward IRT such an inquiry rather promptly - but can't say I have any personal experience on that.

When the time is right for this year's season, if you inquire again - I promise to shut up on that thread. Best of luck to you.

Talked to local fellow today and he told me he just pulled 1000 acres out of WIHA and leased it out. His reasoning was that the state of Kansas was not being fair to him. Really sucks because I hunted those properties alot. WIHA is disappearing at an alarming rate.

Talked to local fellow today and he told me he just pulled 1000 acres out of WIHA and leased it out. His reasoning was that the state of Kansas was not being fair to him. Really sucks because I hunted those properties alot. WIHA is disappearing at an alarming rate.
General question from an "Evil Non-resident". Is there an average per acre amount that the state pays ? How do they arrive @ a "fair market value" ? Seems to me the value of a private lease has to be considered in the equation. I certainly can't fault a land owner for maximizing his asset return. We are still a capitalist country ( @ the moment ) after all. Having said that, I certainly enjoy the WIHA program results as it the only land we hunt.

Back