Cheyenne River Sioux Reservation

I drove by on highway 34, didn't go up to 212, but they still had checkpoints about 2 weeks ago so you couldn't get onto tribal land.

I can let you guys know beginning of October. Headed out to chase antelope out in western SD first weekend of the month. Will drive on 34. I'm guessing they'll still have their checkpoints up.

Are the checkpoints still in place on the 212 HW? I haven’t been able to find anything online that suggests one way or the other. Thank you

Yes. I spoke to my friend that ranches out there and he doesn't see that changing any time soon. It's a bummer as it's looking like I'll have to forego my trips out there to visit him and put some meat in the freezer.

I will add that the last time I spoke with the tribe (a couple weeks ago), they were identifying driver/occupants location and cross checking that with 7-day COVID-19 rates. Less than 5% and you could pass through. Over that and you have to turn around. Again, that was from the gal at the tribal command center that I spoke with.

Does anyone know if going through the Rosebud land is still passable..? Coming from the South through Nebraska from Colorado end of October...

Does anyone know if going through the Rosebud land is still passable..? Coming from the South through Nebraska from Colorado end of October...

Rosebud had checkpoints earlier, but I'm not sure if they do at this point in time. The Rosebud tribal headquarters is 605-747-2381. I speak with the folks at the CRST Command Center about once a week. I'm hoping they'll simply allow me to come out and go hunting, lol

Ok, so it's my understanding, based on reports from a friend out there and on CRST's own release on hunting that they will be allowing both residents and visitors to hunt on the reservation. My understanding is they still have checkpoints, but will be allowing hunters on after taking temperature, asking about symptoms etc. Anybody know for sure if this is correct? I've also attached the link to the CRST "Hunting Guidance" released on 9/8 for reference.

Back