Elk tag

jmac

Put in for an elk tag in Wyoming , Anyone else put in? Good luck if you did. Can't believe I , have to put in for NR.:mad: Hope i get drawn. :)

Best of luck to you. I retired from Elk hunting several years ago, but I had a time! No more "Elk tag" for me . . . I'll leave it to the younger set.

I'm thinking about it. Just an antlerless tag for area 75-76 in Teton Park I think. I dont really have the $302.00 right now to send in though!

Are you talking about the reduced cow tag? Just wondering. 75-76 are great areas, But I think you already know that. Your a lucky man to live in the tetons. :thumbsup::cheers:

I never applied for the non resident tag jmac. I guess I'll hunt just birds again.:D

Js,

Sorry to hear that, but I understand. I put in for non resident cow or calf around Green Mountain and the Ferris areas. I forget the areas numbers. Now just praying I get drawn. :)

Gator Good luck to sir.:thumbsup:

I live in Sheridan and there allways leftover anterless elktags in areas around here. Dont have to put in for drawing they are over the counter first come first serve.

I live in Sheridan and there allways leftover anterless elktags in areas around here. Dont have to put in for drawing they are over the counter first come first serve.

Welcome Uplander to the forum. Like to see another wyoming guy on board. :thumbsup: I was born in Buffalo, an raised in Casper. Hope to see you on here often.

Thanks for the info on anterless elktags in the Sheridan area. If I don't get drawn, I'll be looking in to that.:)

How is they Pheasant Population doing in Sherian area? Did you do anyhunting this Season?:cheers:

thanks for the welcome JMAC. pheasant hunting around here has become a land owners eliteism. hard to get on. walk in areas w wyogf are available but pounded pretty hard. locals even figure out when wygf trucks leave the bird farm and wait for them to drop the birds off. its ashame because when i moved here in 82 alot of ranchers were friendly and allowed u to hunt. almost a thing of the past. i go up to Hardin MT. EXCELLENT!!!!! ducks and geese too. was great this year. just got back from late season quail / pheasant hunt in KS. GREAT TIME!!!!! Tore em up. i hunt w labs. wierdest thing never happened before. my black male started pointing any bird that would hold. i never trained, he just started doin it. he would lock up and wait for u to release him to flush.:thumbsup: i was very very proud of him. best dog i ever had. i took his 4 mo old sone along and he even managed to retrieve a few quail and drag a cock back to me by the neck. most satisfying hunt ever:10sign:

Uplander,

Good for you on the dog/ dogs. I havn't hunted Kansas , but one time, Many many moons ago as a kid with my Grand dad. Glade you had a great time.:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about the pheasant hunting around Sheridan. The same crap seem to be happening in Buffalo.:mad: I know a lot of Ranchers in both Sheridan and Buffalo, most have changed their Tune and no longer will let people hunt their propery for free. It's been that way for 30 years when your talking about Big Game . But the last fews Years/ 10 or so, bird hunting has joined the list of " how to make a buck".:) I can't say that I blame them, But..... It sucks.:)

Last edited:
Back