Murphy was right

low_glide

I saw a whole lot of birds today, one of which was on legal ground. He was dispatched with and Barry had a good blind retrieve down a 150' cutbank and across a creek. He had a moment when he found it where he looked at the bird and then looked back at me and then seemed to say "Oh yeah, I remember this", picked it up and ran back to me with his ego in full bloom.

But, to the point of this post, we saw around 15 birds on private fields and in people's yards, usually standing close to the feeder. Now, mind you all of these were downstream from the two open WIA's close to town. I guess the state is buying these people pet birds. It seems the only course of action for me is to just keep trying to get them while they're in the WIA's, and keep an open for real estate signs.

I saw a whole lot of birds today, one of which was on legal ground. He was dispatched with and Barry had a good blind retrieve down a 150' cutbank and across a creek. He had a moment when he found it where he looked at the bird and then looked back at me and then seemed to say "Oh yeah, I remember this", picked it up and ran back to me with his ego in full bloom.

But, to the point of this post, we saw around 15 birds on private fields and in people's yards, usually standing close to the feeder. Now, mind you all of these were downstream from the two open WIA's close to town. I guess the state is buying these people pet birds. It seems the only course of action for me is to just keep trying to get them while they're in the WIA's, and keep an open for real estate signs.

Were out on clear creek? If so, Seems the song remains the same for that area. lol :D

We were down from the Rock Creek WIA. Those birds leave the WIA pretty quickly. I guess it might have to do with dogs chasing them and people shooting at them or it might be the feeders the neighbors have put out. I did notice that the grass is much shorter this year than last. I thought it looked close from the road, but once I got out in it, it wasn't the case. Can anything be done to get better habitat going? There just isn't enough vegetation in the two WIAs in the area to hold the birds for very long.

low glide,
Very good question. It's my understanding that, Wyoming's Wia's, Are leased by Game and Fish. I don't know if they have any say (g&f) as to what goes on habitat ways , with the land owners. If I am mistaken Please let know. :)

I don't know the answer on that either. Perhaps the landowner could be approached and asked if they would consider some habitat improvement ideas? Maybe PF has already addressed such things and I don't know about it since I'm not a member.

I don't know the answer on that either. Perhaps the landowner could be approached and asked if they would consider some habitat improvement ideas? Maybe PF has already addressed such things and I don't know about it since I'm not a member.

Could be , PF. I will look into it.:)

All I could find on line about PF, Is that there is a chapter In " Sheridan/Johnson county". I could not find anything about this chapter, or what their up to. Low_Glide you might try to find a couple of chapter members, in Buffalo, And pick their brains, on this subject. If you don't know anybody, In PF up their I might be able to find out from a freind, If he's still in Buffalo. I'll Try and Pm You.:)

Back