New to CO

Hello all,

Just made the move to Denver for work - originally from MN but have spent the last 5 years in SC. Spent the first weekend out here chasing Blues & Sharpies north of Steamboat with my dog Boomer. Ended up with 6 sharpies and 4 blues over the weekend. What a great experience, I can tell why some of you call it heart attack hunting - never had to work that hard for bird in MN/SC. Looking forward to learning more about the pheasant hunting CO has to offer. If any of y'all see a golden doodle and a tall lengthy kid in the field don't be a stranger.

760FB62B-E107-4D08-BC23-E57F1F935AE6.JPG

Welcome I am north of you up in Loveland. Colorado has limited pheasant opportunities out in eastern CO. I typically hit KS or NE myself. Nice lookin photo.

Welcome I am north of you up in Loveland. Colorado has limited pheasant opportunities out in eastern CO. I typically hit KS or NE myself. Nice lookin photo.
Thank you. From what I have been reading it sounds like most people do KS or NE - what is the allure to these location over a SD or ND hunt? Always had very good luck in SD and can get to some good public within 5.5 hours.

Thank you. From what I have been reading it sounds like most people do KS or NE - what is the allure to these location over a SD or ND hunt? Always had very good luck in SD and can get to some good public within 5.5 hours.
Just closer than SD or ND is main reason. With the drought in NE and KS I have been contemplating ND or SD myself this year.

Hello all,

Just made the move to Denver for work - originally from MN but have spent the last 5 years in SC. Spent the first weekend out here chasing Blues & Sharpies north of Steamboat with my dog Boomer. Ended up with 6 sharpies and 4 blues over the weekend. What a great experience, I can tell why some of you call it heart attack hunting - never had to work that hard for bird in MN/SC. Looking forward to learning more about the pheasant hunting CO has to offer. If any of y'all see a golden doodle and a tall lengthy kid in the field don't be a stranger.

View attachment 4031
Hit the blues hard this year and enjoy, seems to be a great year for them.

Golden Doodles were finely bred over generations to hunt Timberdoodles in WI. Welcome.;)
We get plenty of weird looks in the field. Have hunted over Springer Spaniels my whole life, but the lady is allergic and always wanted one. He surprises a lot of people with his drive, and have had some great flushes/retrieves over the last 3 seasons. Closing in on 500 birds over him this season.

Hunted over him last 3 season - starting 4th now. Lots of quail and marsh hen in SC and GA // pheasants & ruffies in MN. These were the first birds we took out here in CO. My mistake saying this season...
Most of us knew what you meant😂 I like the doodle pretty cool keep up the pictures

Back