Any Birds in Kiowa County KS this year?

Anantz35

Looking at a late season hunt near Greensburg....anyone having any action? So far Kansas has been dismal for me.

Looking at a late season hunt near Greensburg....anyone having any action? So far Kansas has been dismal for me.

Did you know Kiowa County often has the distinction of cutting the first new crop wheat in KS? I think one guy down there cuts 25% moisture wheat every year just to claim the honor.

You can probably find some birds - but the places to hunt are severely limited if you're counting on public and WIHA. IMO 2-3 outfitters have made sure most of the WIHA went away in the area. One of my favorite areas to hunt up to about 2008 - once the CRP started coming out in 2010 or so - things started to change quite a bit - also seemed to correspond to the outfitters leasing up quite a bit of ground for deer/bird hunts.

The birds are also a fraction of what they were 10 years ago. Lots of CRP and corners lost there and slightly east.

Back