Bad Weather and birds

Corn and bean planting behind 20% and 40% respectively due to rain. Wheat looks really good but it needs to quit raining. Not sure if all the rain is helping or hurting the birds, but my bias on quail is hurting.

Corn and bean planting behind 20% and 40% respectively due to rain. Wheat looks really good but it needs to quit raining. Not sure if all the rain is helping or hurting the birds, but my bias on quail is hurting.

a note from a farmer who lives in Osborne County......

I have already surpassed the yearly average for moisture. I can't drive through any pasture all the draws are running full. I'm hoping the calves are smart enough that they won't try to cross them. I can't work any fields, most of them have water standing on them. If the birds are laying eggs they will be laying in water. Unless the birds lay in June there will not be much in the way of a hatch. Forecast for the next 10 days calls for rain about every other day. It has been a heck of a spring. Had frost about 10 days ago. Calling for upper 30's tonight.

a note from a farmer who lives in Osborne County......

I have already surpassed the yearly average for moisture. I can't drive through any pasture all the draws are running full. I'm hoping the calves are smart enough that they won't try to cross them. I can't work any fields, most of them have water standing on them. If the birds are laying eggs they will be laying in water. Unless the birds lay in June there will not be much in the way of a hatch. Forecast for the next 10 days calls for rain about every other day. It has been a heck of a spring. Had frost about 10 days ago. Calling for upper 30's tonight.

Under water in Rush and Pawnee counties. Barton county is worse. I would assume that any renesting will be right in the middle of harvest. Wheat is getting flooded out. What corn that did get planted is under 2 foot of water. Some could not get their corn in. Got another 2 inches last night. Has been like this since last May.

Under water in Rush and Pawnee counties. Barton county is worse. I would assume that any renesting will be right in the middle of harvest. Wheat is getting flooded out. What corn that did get planted is under 2 foot of water. Some could not get their corn in. Got another 2 inches last night. Has been like this since last May.
I don't know how anyone's going to cut wheat anytime soon. There hasn't been a bottom since the wheat was planted.

Back