Kansas Rental

BleuBijou

Sun City, Kansas..... BY THE WEEK to hunters if you can think of anyone, send them our way. 970-509-9635 (me) or 620-213-1676 (Tim's) . We will leave the house furnished, it is a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom with a Queen bed, a Double bed , and 2 TWIN beds , 2 couches, gas kitchen stove, a nice fridge, a wood burning stove, bedding, towels , internet , a land line , Direct TV , washer, dryer, hot showers :) coffee pot, dishes, pots, pans, silverware toaster and a microwave. There is also a metal building 36 ' X 48 ', that has a bar and table , chairs, a fridge and a freezer chest out there for keeping your deer, turkeys fresh or frozen till you (they depart) I don't know of a site to put an ad on for hunters but I am going to try to find one....We'd like to get $600 a week.. we pay all the utilities....all they have to do is take the trash out and do their own dishes upon departure.It is available Oct 1st, 2016-April 20th , 2017.

"Sun City! Son, you say Sun City?"

"Buster's Saloon is in Sun City!"

Sun City is country that I really love. Just wish I could spend more time down that way in the Red Hills of Kansas. I haven't been down there since the big fire. Those of you not familiar with the area may not have heard about this big fire that started in Oklahoma and spread into Kansas. The ranches in the Red Hills had over decades became heavily infested with red cedar, so there was plenty to burn. Good news and bad news. I'll start with the bad news first, this fire did plenty of damage to property, fences, livestock and cost a lot of dollars to fight to contain. Good news is the land and its ability to produce livestock and wildlife will be much enhanced because of this burn. I look forward to return to the Red Hills maybe next spring at the pasture green up and look at the change that has come to these majestic Red Hills of Kansas.

I have some pictures of Buster's, but don't have the time to look so will leave you with a link to their facebook page. And, Bleu, you better stop by the Ponderosa on your way by. "You hear?"

https://www.facebook.com/Busters.Saloon/?fref=ts

"Sun City! Son, you say Sun City?"

"Buster's Saloon is in Sun City!"

Sun City is country that I really love. Just wish I could spend more time down that way in the Red Hills of Kansas. I haven't been down there since the big fire. Those of you not familiar with the area may not have heard about this big fire that started in Oklahoma and spread into Kansas. The ranches in the Red Hills had over decades became heavily infested with red cedar, so there was plenty to burn. Good news and bad news. I'll start with the bad news first, this fire did plenty of damage to property, fences, livestock and cost a lot of dollars to fight to contain. Good news is the land and its ability to produce livestock and wildlife will be much enhanced because of this burn. I look forward to return to the Red Hills maybe next spring at the pasture green up and look at the change that has come to these majestic Red Hills of Kansas.

I have some pictures of Buster's, but don't have the time to look so will leave you with a link to their facebook page. And, Bleu, you better stop by the Ponderosa on your way by. "You hear?"

https://www.facebook.com/Busters.Saloon/?fref=ts

I will stop by for sure if I come out. I already know I can't show up and expect a tour without Elk Backstrap!!lol Tim is a very well known Dutch oven cook. He gets hired out to do big parties and Hunt Camps all over.. He and My Cousin are just going off grid for a while as they travel and cook for hunters. They just finished Bear Camp in New Mexico. They sleep in a TeePee tent. I don't know how they do it at 60+ years old, but more power to them. Just great folks and love the outdoors enough to be there in one shape or form. The food is incredible and it is from scratch. I always cheat and buy biscuits and stuff like that and they do it all from scratch.:cheers:

Definitely bring the elk back straps(or at least a package marked as such).

Wish I had kept a story, I believe by Patrick McManus, where he talked about as a newly wed not having deer camp on the calendar and there was a conflict with the inlaws coming and trouble with his wife, so he marked deer camp on the calendar a year in advance after that. He then went on talking about his non-hunting friends and how after he got back from deer camp he would go to his butcher and have him cut some beef filets and mark them deer that he would give to those friends. The friends could believe that wild game was so tender and couldn't figure out how the meat just didn't fall off the deer as they ran through the woods. Anyway, it was something like that.

I wish I could cook in a Dutch oven. I did hire a guy to bring his chuck wagon out and do a Dutch oven meal for about 60 at a birthday party. It was excellent.

Wonder if Tim has a good recipe for rattlesnake in a Dutch? Killed another big meaty one this evening.

Thanks Maynard...Save me some of the other white meat..I have had Rattlesnake one time and it was excellent..But anything fried is usually pretty good!!

Oops yes I did. I pinned it right above Troy's pups.A setter pup and a hunting cabin on same trip now that be my kind of day.

Back