New to NM

Somebeach

I have recently relocated to NM for work, well kind of. Family will be heading down in a week or so. A little about myself, I have had hunting dogs as long as I can remember. Hunting dogs are my passion. I have been involved in many AKC santioned pointing dog clubs in numerous capacities, VP, secretary, board member etc. I had a good run for a number of years in AF and AKC horseback field trials. Finished numerous dogs in NFC, FC, AFC. My boys are getting a little older and it is time to put that part of my life on hold and focus on them. My oldest boy just passed his hunter safety this year and we have been having a good time quail hunting. I am just looking for some "bird dog" guys to get to know in the area, have a beer, talk dogs, birds, hunts, etc. Not looking to get hunting places, secrets, etc. as I find part of the adventure of hunting a new area is finding the birds. I am in the Albuquerque area, most likely moving to the north west part of town.

Welcome to NM,

Looks like your out and hunting birds; good for you. The state does have some good hunting, although the drought has done a job on the bird numbers. The good part of hunting here it that the season begins in Sept. Anyway, Bienvenido a Nuevo Mexico. ...and the expected question - Red or Green?

Luckily I skipped the super bowl and went quail hunting, had the best hunt of the season, saw around 60 birds, good dog work, shot 3 which was plenty. Will let that area rest now and hope for decent moisture and nesting conditions. There is hope!

Welcome to NM,

Looks like your out and hunting birds; good for you. The state does have some good hunting, although the drought has done a job on the bird numbers. The good part of hunting here it that the season begins in Sept. Anyway, Bienvenido a Nuevo Mexico. ...and the expected question - Red or Green?

Christmas!!

Belated welcome to NM!

If you are still looking for birddog folks I just joined the NAVHDA Zia Chapter. I took my dog to their rattlesnake breaking clinic. Very friendly and welcoming group. Training grounds in Moriarty and two other locations. They have a website and Facebook page. Sept. Blue Grouse is just around the corner!

Getting closer. The two older dogs have figured out how to work around the chola really well to get the birds to hold. The pup is still learning it hurts. Can't wait, have a couple weeks off throughout the season to get after it.

Back