Wiha

Duckdog17

I finally got around to picking up the new WIHA book and first off,
KUDOS to them for finally printing it as a workable map!
Honestly, I could do without the topo, but adding road numbers and names is a HUGE improvement!
At first glance, I'm seeing a lot less WIHA land. Parcels that I've hunted in the past are no longer enrolled. Quite a few actually...
Is this "across the board"? Is there a comparative number of acres enrolled versus the previous years printed anywhere?

I know of at least 5 WIHA tracts I had hunted for many years that have been put into crop production in the last few years.

I wish they would have detailed the ground as to what type of hunting may or may not be available.

Yes lots of ground no longer enrolled.

I really like the look and feel of the new WIHA Map, but I am surprised they left off the index for "species likely to found in the area's", and they stopped numbering the areas. Its not that big of deal, but I was kind of use to identifying the area's by their Number.

When my buddies and I talked about our trips we always referenced the number of the area, (i.e. Went to 241 and 243 yesterday and they were good, but 371 and 372 had nothing on them, blah, blah). I think some of these area's had the same number for years. I don't about you guy's but I am going to miss the numbers.

Last edited:
I really like the look and feel of the new WIHA Map, but I am surprised they left off the index for "species likely to found in the area's", and they stopped numbering the areas. Its not that big of deal, but I was kind of use to identifying the area's by their Number.

When my buddies and I talked about our trips we always referenced the number of the area, (i.e. Went to 241 and 243 yesterday and they were good, but 371 and 372 had nothing on them, blah, blah). I think some of these area's had the same number for years. I don't about you guy's but I am going to miss the numbers.

Same here Wingmaster, that is how we referenced them as well. I did like the topo maps and road names though.

Rut

Wiha ne ks

Im looking to go to the NE KS for some WIHA myself. Anyone have opinions on that part of the area. I know birds been down for awhile in this part of KS but thats the farthest i really want to drive by myself . I usually go with my dad but if bird r still down he wont want to go cuz it cost to much to drive out to Clay Center and see nothing. If thats the case ill go up to some WIHA and run my dog.

Cambell76, one post is sufficient for internet scouting. Generally 3 posts and already asking about areas won't get anyone to far on any of the forums.

Cambell76, one post is sufficient for internet scouting. Generally 3 posts and already asking about areas won't get anyone to far on any of the forums.

Campbell76, you need to not be so obvious:eek::eek::rolleyes:

Trolling and internet surfing will get you now where here.....recommend you grab the WIHA atlas and get to scouting the areas yourself.

Greg

Back