Sad day

So sorry for your loss GCB, nothing makes a tough old hunter go soft faster than the loss of a long-time 4-legged hunting companion/sidekick (especially a love-soaking-&-giving-be4-&-after-the-hunt lab)... :(

At least you've got all those awesome memories to savor & hopefully a couple other dogs to help fill in a little of the slack! :thumbsup:

I've got a really special one of a lifetime right now (a 6 yr old lab) that I'm already startin to hyperventilate @ the slightest thought of losing. Currently in the process of getting hips & eyes checked so I can hopefully at least get a pick-of-the-litter pup in the next year or two to carry on his memory & lineage.

hen hen rooster I do have another dog to help fill the vid but as a pointing dog she has never retrieved like the ol lab she is still a good dog and she seemed to know i was hurt as she has been right next to me all weekend long and she tried to be a 35 pound lap dog and i am also planing on keepeing 1 of her pups thet she is whelping in the next couple weeks

Its sure not easy when an old friend is gone and I feel for you. I currently have my ol Chessie and she is approaching 12 years. We have made many a memory in the blind, on a river bank, and in Kansas CRP. She seems strong and healthy right now but I can see her slowing down in a lot of ways.

Only bad part of having a good dog is their lifespan......
BobM

I haven't been around in a while and this was the last thing I hoped to see on my return. Loosing a dog is hard. It is one of those things you can't prepare for no matter how hard you try. Sorry for your loss.

Today is a very sad day at this household a couple more as this morning at 6:30 I found that the cancer my lab had been fighting for over a year took her life she may have only been a dg to some but for us she was special she was my go to girl when i really needed to find birds and she never missed a retrieve you will be missed my friend rest in piece :(

Thanks to you, your dog has a great life, one that could not have been better.

Today is a very sad day at this household a couple more as this morning at 6:30 I found that the cancer my lab had been fighting for over a year took her life she may have only been a dg to some but for us she was special she was my go to girl when i really needed to find birds and she never missed a retrieve you will be missed my friend rest in piece :(

Thanks to you, your dog had a great life, one that could not have been better.

Back