Rifle scopes

I have a 4.5- 14 full field II with a ballistic plex reticle that is dead nuts out to 720 yds. I shoot a lot and each cross hair will be different for each caliber, but mine is honed in now!!!

That's with a burris? Wow, Nice shot. :)

I'll second what somebody else said above about Doug and Joel at Cameraland in New York City. He's a sponsor of another board I'm a member of and they give nothing but high praise for their service. He doesn't carry Leupold, but does most of the other ones that have been discussed in this thread, and some other high end stuff. I've bought a camera from him, brother in law bought a high end camera, and dad and bro in law bought some very nice binos. I've heard of him sending two pairs of binos out to guys so they can compare them both side by side and only charging for the one, just to send the other back when they decided what one to keep.

As to the Bushnell 3200 and 4200 series of glass, they always get rave reviews. Then they break. The poster above said they wouldn't honor their warranty which was sold as a 'no questions asked, send it back and we'll fix it' warranty. Obviously that isn't the case. Dad had a 3-9 3200. Missed an antelope with it on a gun that was proven accurate. Took it home and did some testing, the crosshairs weren't tracking with the turns of the knob. Sometimes it would go, sometimes it wouldn't, sometimes it took a half dozen shots. He sent it to Bushnell with his $10 handling fee, they kept it a week, sent it back and said 'tested within spec'. We've got a half dozen of the 3200 and 4200's between us and will have no more.

I've got several VX-II, VX-III, a Vari-x II, and even a VX-I. When I figure the price of a new rifle, I automatically allow for a new Leupold now. If something goes wrong with them, you send them to Oregon. A week later they send you back your repaired scope, or upgrade you for free typically. I've never had to use their warranty service, just read others experiences.

re:

I've been a VX guy for a while, but my latest is the Nikon Buckmaster - and I've been really happy with it so far. It's on a .30-06 dead centered at 150, but most of my shots here in TX are closer than that.

I'll second what somebody else said above about Doug and Joel at Cameraland in New York City. He's a sponsor of another board I'm a member of and they give nothing but high praise for their service. He doesn't carry Leupold, but does most of the other ones that have been discussed in this thread, and some other high end stuff. I've bought a camera from him, brother in law bought a high end camera, and dad and bro in law bought some very nice binos. I've heard of him sending two pairs of binos out to guys so they can compare them both side by side and only charging for the one, just to send the other back when they decided what one to keep.

As to the Bushnell 3200 and 4200 series of glass, they always get rave reviews. Then they break. The poster above said they wouldn't honor their warranty which was sold as a 'no questions asked, send it back and we'll fix it' warranty. Obviously that isn't the case. Dad had a 3-9 3200. Missed an antelope with it on a gun that was proven accurate. Took it home and did some testing, the crosshairs weren't tracking with the turns of the knob. Sometimes it would go, sometimes it wouldn't, sometimes it took a half dozen shots. He sent it to Bushnell with his $10 handling fee, they kept it a week, sent it back and said 'tested within spec'. We've got a half dozen of the 3200 and 4200's between us and will have no more.

I've got several VX-II, VX-III, a Vari-x II, and even a VX-I. When I figure the price of a new rifle, I automatically allow for a new Leupold now. If something goes wrong with them, you send them to Oregon. A week later they send you back your repaired scope, or upgrade you for free typically. I've never had to use their warranty service, just read others experiences.

Dead on Cheesy,

Bushnell will not Stand by Crap. Bought one or two, they broke, Sent them in and got screwed. Bleu, Isn't wrong about burris. But I haven't had His luck with them at 700 + yards. Leupold Or Zeiss, Is what I'm going to end up with, VX-III 3.5x14x50 Is what I'am leaning towards. Thank All for your HElP.

JMAC, it helps when your shooting a 30-378 !!! I do love the glass and the ballistic plex!!!!!

JMAC, it helps when your shooting a 30-378 !!! I do love the glass and the ballistic plex!!!!!

Bleu,

30-378, What the heck you shooting with that Elephants, Rhinos , and water Buffalos??????? Can you Walk after you fire it???:D

JMAC, those Elk are big critters!!! I use it for everything, not much damage unless you hit bone!!!! Comes with a brake, so it kicks like a 243 !!! The only thing I don't like is I never get to see the critter fall!!!!! The blast from the brake is intense and waters my eyes a bit. That bullet is there in a hurry and by the time I recover there is nothing there to see!!!LOL 180 gr. Barnes tsx with 107.5 gr. Retumbo pushing 3455 ft. per second!!!! She shoots flat!!!:cheers:

JMAC, those Elk are big critters!!! I use it for everything, not much damage unless you hit bone!!!! Comes with a brake, so it kicks like a 243 !!! The only thing I don't like is I never get to see the critter fall!!!!! The blast from the brake is intense and waters my eyes a bit. That bullet is there in a hurry and by the time I recover there is nothing there to see!!!LOL 180 gr. Barnes tsx with 107.5 gr. Retumbo pushing 3455 ft. per second!!!! She shoots flat!!!:cheers:

Bleu,

Glad I'm not ant elk in your neck of the woods.:eek: Got a brake on my 300 wsm. LOUD as heck , But takes care of recoil. I shoot this rifle at the range, and every body, at the range, has to come, see wtf , I'm shooting. It's has become my Entertainment gun for this range. LOL:D Bet your is LOUDER.:)

Bleu,

Glad I'm not ant elk in your neck of the woods.:eek: Got a brake on my 300 wsm. LOUD as heck , But takes care of recoil. I shoot this rifle at the range, and every body, at the range, has to come, see wtf , I'm shooting. It's has become my Entertainment gun for this range. LOL:D Bet your is LOUDER.:)

Yes, they do!!!! Anyone who heres us shooting at elk comes up and asks, who is shooting the 50!!!! LOL Blows my hat off as well!!!! FYI, Do not shoot from under a tree with fresh snow!!! I got dowsed and learned a valuable lesson!!!!!!:cheers:

Bleu - Great round you're shooting there. Love the big magnum's. Mind if I ask what gun you've got that in?

Matt D

Bleu - Great round you're shooting there. Love the big magnum's. Mind if I ask what gun you've got that in?

Matt D

Matt,:cheers: it is factory Weatherby Accumark with a few tweaks here and there!!!!

Matt,:cheers: it is factory Weatherby Accumark with a few tweaks here and there!!!!

Great gun. Have one in the 340. Unfortunately don't shoot it much anymore. You have much experience/knowlegde with the German guns?

JMac - Sorry for the highjack.

Matt D

Thanks for the responces to this post. I bought a ziess Conquest with the 600 something rectical today, At cabels. On sale for 600. I am happy, and thank to all for the info.:thumbsup::10sign::cheers:

Good deal. Keep us posted on your initial thoughts and also after some range time with it. Look forward to your "review" of it.

Matt D

Good deal. Keep us posted on your initial thoughts and also after some range time with it. Look forward to your "review" of it.

Matt D

Ok Matt D this is my review,

This scope is awsome. The 600 z rectil Is spot on as direction to set up. The bullet drop comp is close to being dead on to 600 yards. It did take me some time to find the ammo that my 270 TC pro liked. Winchester 130Gr ballisticsivertip's worked the best. Federal 130 Grnosler Bullistic tips Hit 2" high at 100 yards but leveled out at 250/ 300 yards and seem to hit lower at greater ranges. I will be working with reloads to fine tune what i need.

that said This is a fine scope. It dailed in Quickly and held tight groups at long ranges. It's Not what I used in the Corp But close. I'd by another in a heart beat.:thumbsup:

Back