Outnumbered

bobeyerite

Boy, talk about being double crossed, I just got a double shot. My youngest son was always a GSP man. His GSP died a short while back from old age problems. He found a litter that had 2 pups that looked exactly like the one he had. So my 2 son's went to look at them, and buy a replacement for the youngest son.

My oldest Son has a Brittany. Her name is Val and the Sister to Tony. She, like Tony is showing her age and getting some age illness. Knowing he would be needing a pup in the future. My son seen a pup in this GSP litter he liked and came home with him. So now they both have a pup from the same litter. I just got Gunne my 4 month old Brit a month ago. Even so, if I did not have him, I would absolutely refuse to buy a GSP.............Bob

Boy, talk about being double crossed, I just got a double shot. My youngest son was always a GSP man. His GSP died a short while back from old age problems. He found a litter that had 2 pups that looked exactly like the one he had. So my 2 son's went to look at them, and buy a replacement for the youngest son.

My oldest Son has a Brittany. Her name is Val and the Sister to Tony. She, like Tony is showing her age and getting some age illness. Knowing he would be needing a pup in the future. My son seen a pup in this GSP litter he liked and came home with him. So now they both have a pup from the same litter. I just got Gunne my 4 month old Brit a month ago. Even so, if I did not have him, I would absolutely refuse to buy a GSP.............Bob

you have wise sons... LOL

its strange bc usually family members are used to what parents rasie for dogs and usually keep that kind of trend of breed.. in your case.. they went backwards... but again.. i never had a GSP til last year and after owning one, i wouldnt NEVER get a different breed!

Southernblues, I like your thinking, that is something I'll have to keep telling myself.......Bob

betrayal

bob sorry to hear of your betrayal lol. just think how much fun you will have watching gunne run circles around your sons gsp's:thumbsup::D

Now Bob...let's not be so harsh...sounds like you raised two pretty darn good boys there to me...:D

Ford, Chevy, Dodge....if I had the money/space/and or need I'd own one of each.

Brits, GSP's, GWP's, labs or chessies....again, if I had the money/space/need I'd have one of each.

I was raised w/ Brits and I can't imagine taking to the field w/o at least one, especially the quail field. For roosters, can't beat the GSP. All around and the best K-9 friend I've ever had, my GWP takes the cake. Better stop now or we'll be going round and round.

Bob, I think you'll recover from the betrayal nicely. There will be cover that favors your Brit and some terrain that favors the boys' GSPs. I like the GSP in the cover b/c I can see him. He doesn't hunt the thickets the way I want him to b/c he's too tall.

Jim, Thank you for the comments, but I do believe you are Biased on the dogs.
KB, From all indications Gunne is going to be an over sized Brittany like Tony, maybe just an inch or so smaller ...........Bob

Bob,
You know me...I couldn't let you get by without a little ribbing! As you know, my buddy has Brits and we have had great success with the Brits and my GSP's when hunting quail. The GSP's have excelled for me in heavy cover when hunting pheasant.

Bob,
The GSP's have excelled for me in heavy cover when hunting pheasant.

I forgot to include this point. I prefer Brits for quail and GSPs for pheasant....based on my experience, I think the GSPs do better in relation to how many points they'll get in heavy CRP. Perhaps the reason I think this is b/c I can't see my Brits in heavy CRP and I don't use audible electronics.

Jim, I knew that, but you know I had to say something. I really did not want to get obnoxious. Out here we hunt a lot of hilly terrain that is CRP. So It really don't make much difference which breed of dog you use. I like my Roameo Satellite Dog Finder for when Tony goes over a hill and goes on point. It tells me where to find him.........Bob

Last edited:
I forgot to include this point. I prefer Brits for quail and GSPs for pheasant....based on my experience, I think the GSPs do better in relation to how many points they'll get in heavy CRP. Perhaps the reason I think this is b/c I can't see my Brits in heavy CRP and I don't use audible electronics.

GSP are quite large dogs... Brits arent and they are smaller in size. I still prefer GSP.. although i dont hunt quails.. probably why i havent tested the GSP on quails. Im a Deer, Pheasant hunter as well as praire dogs.

dan77

wow, dan77, them are fighting words, and bob is a moderator, and your talken about his sons. wow

I'm not saying anything offensive at all. Just as Bob's not really mad at his sons. Just prompting what a real problem would be. Wouldn't ya'll damn sure rather your sons pick a different breed of dog/gun/truck than what you have, as opposed to meeting his new roommate Rick at Christmas? Nothing accusatory here about his sons. Geez...Ya'll need to lighten up a whole bunch.;)

I certainly appreciate ya'll giving me the benefit of the doubt though. makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Jerks.

Is there anyone else that everybody can tease except me? Just curious..

Last edited:
dan77

relax now your getting the the feal of this sight. you poke fun at someone on this sight your going to get it back. :) your alright unless bobs mad. bet not:thumbsup:

All I will say is this, my 2 sons are 52 and 48, I'm a "Great Grandfather" twice over. Anymore questions......................Bob

out #

yes bob, one question please. i got a bet, with someone on this sight that your brit pup runs circles around your sons gsps. question is you going to let me down? meaning you going to keep us posted on gunnes progress?:cool:

At this point it is no contest. Gunne is 17 weeks old. Those pups of my sons are 7 weeks old now. Come Sept. when the season opens for upland birds. Gunne will be 9 months the boys 6 months. There is talk already of just taking their pups for a few short hunts to get the field introduction stuff done. So 18 months from now is when the true test will come. But Gunne will be one up again, for he will have some true field time in. As I plan to Hunt him, When Tony is to sore and tired to go. He is getting bird training already, he goes to a trainer friend twice a week. We set out 3 pigeons for him to hunt for and point. He has had 3 such outings so far and yesterday he pointed the last bird into the wind at about 10 feet, the other 2 at 4-5 feet. Which made me very happy.......Bob

Back