New Browning A5 in 16 ga.

Congrats PTM...can't wait to hear your report
:)

My Scheels had a couple for 1500. One had super nice wood and with the rebate of 100 off I ciouldnt walk away. Mine is 28 inch barrels. Another Browning in the old safe, I'll give a review once I shoot it, the many reviews out so far have been favorable. For me super light guns have caused muchas' misses in the past, hopefully the Sweet Sixteen is different. If not I'm keeping it anyways.

That's the spirit! My guess is your new baby won't be the cause of any (rare) misses. I know you'll love it. It'd probably be best if our Scheel's doesn't get any. As much as I complain about the price, I know how it would end up if I was actually able to heft one.

I think you guys are right that eventually supply will catch demand and the prices will come down. The gun sure feels great in the hands. I also agree that the 16 gauge is a niche market and although a lot of guys on the 16 gauge society will buy one I don't know how huge the demand will be. It's a classy looking gun and comes in a hard case which is rare for browning. I bumped into a old friend who owns a gun shop in Minot. He accidently ordered a bunch of 16 gauge Remington Game Loads and sold them to me at his cost. I grabbed all five cases. I am set up for a lot of practicing. My 16 ga arsenal is now four, A5, Model 24, Stevens 311, and a White Lightning on order for my new son Liam. I might function test it for him. Long live the purple shell.

I have a Birdgun Disease that can only be cured by more birdguns.

I would agree, congrats on the new 16!

Patrick reports 16 gauge

Patrick you will have to enlighten us all on your first run at the range on the sweetest NEW 16 gauge.... I agree the 28 inch is the way to go!!!!
:cheers:

Patrick you will have to enlighten us all on your first run at the range on the sweetest NEW 16 gauge.... I agree the 28 inch is the way to go!!!!
:cheers:

Thanks buddy, looks like the 2005 Chevy will have to roll another year, I wish it was bird season already. Lots of snow melting in Siberia Dakota hopefully the birds can get a good reprieve here. I hope to shoot on Tuesday, really looking forward to it.

Thanks buddy, looks like the 2005 Chevy will have to roll another year, I wish it was bird season already. Lots of snow melting in Siberia Dakota hopefully the birds can get a good reprieve here. I hope to shoot on Tuesday, really looking forward to it.

Was at the range with my new Auto 5 - 12 ga. yesterday. I normally use a 20 ga. for sporting clays and could tell the difference with the 12.

The gun worked well but failed to eject one shell out of 50. I didn't shoot multiple shots, usually 1- or 2. I was surprised by my score, however.

The grip behind the trigger guard loosened so will work on a different glue and screws. Those that hunt with me know about the grips that I need...

I did speak with the Gander Mt. gunsmith at the Pheasant Fest and he suggested shooting a few boxes of 1.125 to "loosen up the gun. Good luck with your new gun!

Was your score surprisingly better or worse? I'm going to run out today and try the new A5. I've been on a real gun buying kick lately, selling a lot I didn't use and then trading Dads eclectic weird ones. I kept the ones he used back when he was hunting. As I get older I can kill a lot of time looking at guns on the net. Ran up to my uncles and saw some survivors so that is a good sign. I thought for awhile I was going to have to start a Ultimate Sharptail forum the way the snow was going.

Was your score surprisingly better or worse? I'm going to run out today and try the new A5. I've been on a real gun buying kick lately, selling a lot I didn't use and then trading Dads eclectic weird ones. I kept the ones he used back when he was hunting. As I get older I can kill a lot of time looking at guns on the net. Ran up to my uncles and saw some survivors so that is a good sign. I thought for awhile I was going to have to start a Ultimate Sharptail forum the way the snow was going.

Better...I had assumed it was going to be worse, due to the change in the length of pull variance from my other two guns. This gun has a longer profile from receiver to end of a 26" barrel. And I couldn't cut enough off the butt.

Let's hear how your shooting day went, OK?

Back