Luck

I think most dogs are like that. In fact i'm like that. I don't need to shoot a limit of birds everyday, but the dogs and I start getting pretty bored if we don't at least feel a few were there recently

Ps. You guys quit picking on Mustistuff. I'm sure he needs a few friends, besides he has pretty much left us lab guys alone. For that we are gratefull.

Yes, my dogs and I have a fairly short attention span as well. If I weren't planning to spend the day working on the hunting truck, we'd be out there chasing some birds today. I've finally found a couple places where I can "expect" to see a bird or 2 in the first hour.....I've usually got the kids' solid focus for about 15 minutes;)

As far as mustistuff is concerned, I understand what you're saying. Everyone needs a place to socialize. An internet forum might be the best place for a personality like that to "socialize" (the same may be true for me too). Despite the fact he seems more like an internet troll than a guy trying to become part of a social network, he has posted some pictures for us. He has contributed. Now if we could just get him to stop intentionally Ps'n ppl off we could ALL enjoy his company:D

Thewres no problem with britts especially mine they will go all day everyday they know there country and hunt it accordingly they have figured out how to work birds either setting or running they do just fine and according to the trophies and plaques on the wall they do it with ease and better than most but i'm not a braggard so much i'm more the guy who runs his dogs and never says a word to you about yours becouse at the end of the field its always abundantly obvius whos dog did the work and whos was just there getting spanked and making an A$$$ out of their owners

I've been on this forum for a while now. One thing I've always enjoyed is that, unlike many forums, things stay civil and good natured. GCB I was thinking that your posts have had a bit of an edge the last few weeks and that Mustistuff was making his comments tongue in cheek. But, now it is obvious that he is just trying to stir things up. GCB, I don't know you, but if your dogs are as good as you say (and I have no reason to doubt that) why even respond to this guy. You are giving him what he wants. Let's get this place back to the fun, informative sight it has been and should be.:cheers:

what motivates me

sometimes i'm not even sure. in responding to some of your critiques of my post, to say the least, i'm surprised at the reaction i am getting. true, i don't know any of you so maybe i have been wrong in assuming that we all share the same thing, good dogs, bad dogs, same with time in the fields and hunting buddies, an the level that your humor has developed. if any of you have truely read anything, without a tongue in cheek, is that i appreciate dogs, there is no best dog, all breeds have faults and maybe just fewer of them than their owners. seems like most of you don't like to be ribbed so maybe i'll slow down on that, maybe a few of you should in fact read some of the sporting dog magazines especially ol' spaulding hoffhacker. anyway if would seem to me that this forum should in part be informative, not be terribly sensitive and like a couple of ol' hunting buddies getting together, a little razzing. guess that is not the case. sorry for that. i, after all am not calling your wife ugly nor am i telling you that i have the only breed of dog that is well trained and worth owning nor have i ever said that your specific dog is no good, the message has always been if he makes you happy ya got a good dog

Mustistuff,

First of all, none of your posts have offended me personally. Just like I don't know GCB, I don't know you. Maybe all of your posts have been tongue in cheek. I do agree with you that there is no best breed and that there are good and bad dogs within each breed. I'm a lab guy personally, but I am not offended when people talk about the fat suburban lawn art, etc. I see those types of labs around my neighborhood every day. Maybe it's time for a rewind. I believe that all of us share a love for hunting, bird dogs and the great outdoors. Happy Hunting to all!

I personally find your posts humorous, entertaining and at times bordering on good satire. Maybe you jumped into the ribbing to fast without first making a good name for yourself and thats what rubs some the wrong way? Let's face it, the lab, setter, and brittany guys need a good ribbing from time to time but if you start in on springers you have crossed the line.:D

The thing about communication on line is that it is very difficult to distinguish when someone is kidding or just being a prick.

Using :D:p:rolleyes::thumbsup: can help, but misunderstandings still happen.

But poking fun at peoples dog is really not the best way to become part of the group. I do it some times and I am sure that some take it personal and that is not what I intended.

Anyway, I have hunted with good dogs and bad dogs in nearly every breed. Until I started hunting with a friend of mine, I didn't think much of V's, but his dogs are outstanding.

But still not as good a SETTERS :p

Last edited:
Seems to me that Must post where not intended to be taken to seriously.
Hell the gut probally doesn't even own a dog or gun.

:eek: Come on MODS BAN THIS CLOWN. :thumbsup:

Amen brother amen.

Hey Mustibutt see you live down the road from me in Evans, CO... That is hillarious dude. You ought to lay off all these out of staters as your giving CO folks a bad name :(

i think we could all agree its a fairly contentious topic"whats the best /worst
breed". i dont think mustistuffs posts were that offensive, there's some edge but thats okay,then there's a little tempering farther on.another forum i tend to lurk on concerning duck hunting, they really get going(on the ballistics/reloading page),when i read some of that it makes me laugh out loud some times.that's how most hunters tend to be,they poke fun at each other and it adds to the experience.the difference here is that we're all anonymous and perhaps the flavor of one's post may not translate to the spirit in which it was offered
for instance;i might say "lighten up, Frances",its the quote from warren oates in the movie stripes,but i talk like that to my friends and co workers,that just a hypothetical,not an intentional slight
on another note,I cant discuss the Bracque du bourbonaiss virtues or shortfalls,as an owner,Mr Kuck made me take an oath,our goal is to keep them a well kept secret.try remember its supposed to be fun(life i mean)

Back