Lost GSP in central SD,trying to locate owner

Unfortunatelly not the outcome we were wanting, but... from the Facebook site:

"The finder would like me to thank all of you for your help, offers and good wishes. He placed the dog today with someone who contacted us via Facebook. The GSP will have a great hunting home. We're sorry we couldn't find the original owner, but feel confident the finder checked out the new owner and the dog will have an excellent home."

Great price for piece of mind, if ever lost dog cannot image how it would affect entire family, spend the $7

I have a couple blaze orange collars with brass stamped nametags including my name, address and phone number. My dogs don't leave the kennel without them whether it is around the house or hunting. Got my best dog back after she got lost in our new neighborhood chasing a duck of all things (english setter)LOL. She wasn't far from home but the collar with my number on it made it so easy for the people who found her to call. They even commented that without the information they might have been tempted to keep her:)

After typing this I really need to update the collars with my cell phone number.

"Murph's New Home"

I came across this thread tonight searching for a forum post such as this hoping that it might lead me to his original owner. I understand the pain of losing a pet, and truly hope that his original owner is found.

Just thought I would give an update on "Murph". The finder, a very nice gentleman named Jeff contacted me after I sent an email to SDGFP regarding their facebook post.

Jeff and I met at the Cabella's in Mitchell SD last Friday so we could take this poor pooch into our home. Jeff named our friend "Murph" and I have stuck with the name after taking him in.

Hear is what I can tell you:

He is a bit thin and may have been lost for a few days before Jeff found him. I have been giving an unlimited food bowl since Friday. He is not tickled pink about having a bath, but does patiently tolerate the process! He loves people, especially our 5 year old son. He is spending his days dribbling water across my floor from his bowl and tearing through the house and our yard with our other short hair, Eva. He has a bit of a yeast infection in his ears, and I have been treating it with Otomax.

We have not taken him out in the field yet. We are letting him get settled in a bit first. If you hear of any leads regarding his owner, please contact me.

Best regards,

Becky

I came across this thread tonight searching for a forum post such as this hoping that it might lead me to his original owner. I understand the pain of losing a pet, and truly hope that his original owner is found.

Just thought I would give an update on "Murph". The finder, a very nice gentleman named Jeff contacted me after I sent an email to SDGFP regarding their facebook post.

Jeff and I met at the Cabella's in Mitchell SD last Friday so we could take this poor pooch into our home. Jeff named our friend "Murph" and I have stuck with the name after taking him in.

Hear is what I can tell you:

He is a bit thin and may have been lost for a few days before Jeff found him. I have been giving an unlimited food bowl since Friday. He is not tickled pink about having a bath, but does patiently tolerate the process! He loves people, especially our 5 year old son. He is spending his days dribbling water across my floor from his bowl and tearing through the house and our yard with our other short hair, Eva. He has a bit of a yeast infection in his ears, and I have been treating it with Otomax.

We have not taken him out in the field yet. We are letting him get settled in a bit first. If you hear of any leads regarding his owner, please contact me.

Best regards,

Becky

Becky, Thank you for the update. I appreciate what you are doing for "Murph".

I had my doubts about the facebook post that said it was his dog and missing since mid Oct. I creeped his facebook site, and not one mention about losing his dog, or even having a dog.

Looks like the two are getting along just fine. I also posted on facebook if it needed a home, but with an 18 month old and a 8 year old GSPs, it wouldve been a handful for me.

Thanks for all youve done. Looks like Murph is in good hands.

As a side note, I tried to get a better picture, but trying to get 2 shorthairs playing in the same photo is almost as hard as trying to catch the easter bunny!

I have about 20 other pics I tried to take that are basically brown blurs. :D

He is going into the vet later this week to get his shots, etc. I am sure the other owner got them, but better safe than sorry. He has adjusted quite well to Science Diet Lamb and Rice adult formula and seems pretty well house broke. He does great on a leash, is very hesitant to get into a vehicle. SD east river deer opener is this weekend. Hope to get him out to the farm if we get our deer quick enough and see what how he does. He is a heck of a good family dog, and that is what is most important at our house.

Last edited:
Back