Looking for a one day hunt around New England

Frankly, the days of "clouds" are about over here in ND. There are still opportunities to hunt (for FREE) but the numbers are a FRACTION of what they have been in recent years. I just missed my first season opener in about 20 years. All reports I have seen told me I didnt miss a damn thing. BTW, I have made several hunting and fishing friends via internet message boards. I wouldnt invite anyone up here to hunt, these days. The birds just arent here anymore. Your best bet...stop in SD!

Oh well. I actually shot plenty of pheasants in the late 70s and early 80s before CRP. Young guy with a young Britt. CRP is great for raising pheasants, but I for one rarely hunt it. Too many other productive covers out there. I kill as many pheasants in MN as I do ND ...

I am comfortable with small access fees as a way for individual farmers to make a little extra. I never said that I have not paid them.

The high brow places that lease tens of thousands of acres and charge huge dollars create problems across many fronts. Can name some if you want me to go there ...

Folks can't see facial expressions in posts:) Hence, the silly emoticons (ie smiley face). Internet "delivery" just isn't the same as when you're 1 on 1. Sometimes what I type in perfectly good humor is miss-interpreted:eek: Next thing I know I get a nasty pm. I suspect the same holds true for everyone, just to varying degrees.

(Example: My "Maybe he thinks he's funny?" statement was a shot at ending my post on a humorous note. If we'd been in person you would've seen the :D on my face.)

Well I have gone out to ND for about five years and I'm leaving Sunday for 4-5 days of hunting hope the people are happier then the people here. I hope I see some birds also.

Back