Let's Bitch (Can't Hunt)

Nah I quit drinking 9 years ago now.

Now soda, Red Bull, and terrible food I am very much hooked. I have a pretty active job so that’s nothing.
I am about to the point of being a quiter, might drink a case or 2 of beer over a year. Just don't see the alure of drinking as an adult. I know many do, maybe like gambling or smoking, I just don't quite get those things either.

I am about to the point of being a quiter, might drink a case or 2 of beer over a year. Just don't see the alure of drinking as an adult. I know many do, maybe like gambling or smoking, I just don't quite get those things either.
Same. I’m completely disconnected from it all though I do enjoy a NA beer. They make some pretty good ones now days.

I was headed towards an early grave or prison, I partied pretty hard as a young man and consider myself extremely lucky to still be here and have the life I have.

But lots of people can enjoy it and it doesn’t affect them and I say have at er.

The liver is an extremely resilient organ. One of (or the only) organ that can self regenerate. Which is what processes alcohol and for better or worse, means you can really abuse it without dying compared to other things.
Jeezis cripes! Google cirrhosis & tell all them guys I know that drank themselves to death that it should've been medically impossible by your opinion..
🤡

Drinking alcohol and gambling in moderation has no effect on your health.

Smoking in any amount does. That's well documented.
Some studies have shown that a beer a day can actually be good for you. I stopped drinking pop (the only acceptable term up here in MN) 3 or 4 years ago and instead drink about one beer a day for dinner. I asked my doctor once about it and he said he'd rather I'd drink one beer a day than one can of pop a day.

Jeezis cripes! Google cirrhosis & tell all them guys I know that drank themselves to death that it should've been medically impossible by your opinion..
🤡
I'm certainly not saying you can't die from overdrinking or chronic drinking. Just comparing it to things like smoking. If you have 1 beer a day you probably won't end up ever seeing a consequence. If you smoke one cigarette a day you probably will later in life.

I'm certainly not saying you can't die from overdrinking or chronic drinking. Just comparing it to things like smoking. If you have 1 beer a day you probably won't end up ever seeing a consequence. If you smoke one cigarette a day you probably will later in life.
That's what I was getting at. Thank you for clarifying.

The liver is an extremely resilient organ. One of (or the only) organ that can self regenerate. Which is what processes alcohol and for better or worse, means you can really abuse it without dying compared to other things.
From the age of 20, my dad drank every day.He lived to be 89.Unbelievable.

As you all know. It depends on genetics,etc. I lost a good friend at the age of 62 from drinking. Then I had another friend that died at 75, drank like a fish all his life. He died in his sleep, heart attack. I saw him drink a qt of real moonshine at dinner once. This stuff was probably 90% alcohol. I would have been in the hospital.

After a long day in the field, on the water, or on the ice, a couple of cold beers hit the spot.....then a Old Fashion or two........sometimes it's a nightcap of Bourbon instead.....just depends on the day!

Attachments

• 20230310_213853.jpg
    20230310_213853.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240226_165603.jpg
    20240226_165603.jpg
    743.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Resized_20201107_193757.jpeg
    Resized_20201107_193757.jpeg
    407.6 KB · Views: 5
Yuengling is my current go to beer. I like the "traditional" variety.

Back