Christmas hunt

I would have to agree with setternut. I think that any contact with upland birds and turkeys is minimal and impact from turkeys is minimal as well.

I will say however, that as a kid growing up my dad raised ducks and pigeons to train clients dogs with and we also had chickens and turkeys for eggs and eating. The turkeys roamed free and kept the grasshoppers and other bugs eaten up around the house. Along with bugs it was not uncommon to see one with a smaller garter snake or frog in its beak carrying it around while the others chased it. We very rarely had a snake on the place due to the turkeys. I don't think they really went out of there way to hunt them down but if the opportunity presented itself then they were all for it.

I think the same can hold true for wild turkeys with most anything small enough for them to peck at and pick up and maybe even eat. I once shot a mallard duck with a small bull frog sticking out of its throat.

We do have a lot of turkeys here. I have seen several flocks in this winter over 400 birds.

Wish I could convert that many pounds of turkey, into the same weight in quail. :cheers:

:thumbsup:

SetterNut, you have some of the best comments!

GCB, it sounds like you are having a great season and getting out a lot. I hope I can do the same with my kids when they get a bit older.:cheers:

Ok boys I finally stepped out of the box and got a new cell phone now maybe i can get sone decent pics if i can figure the damn thing out:D

Ok boys I finally stepped out of the box and got a new cell phone now maybe i can get sone decent pics if i can figure the damn thing out:D

I'm the kind of guy that will help when I can, but in this case, yain't gettin' nuthin' of use outta me. My wife bought a cell phone for me to take on hunting trips. I know how to call people and answer it. I accidentally stumbled across the camera feature, but don't have a cord to get the pics to my computer. I ain't buyin' one either b/c the pics it takes are poor at best!

Get out there this w/e and get us some :coolpics:

I dropped my old phone in the 68@ duck marsh in November. I dial people I do not know, and am barely able to hang up. All phones are now android. By the time I get this one figured out it will be obsolete.

phones

wanna learn how to use your phone, go get the neighbor kid. wanna take some pic, go back 50 years and get a brownie, just one button

wanna learn how to use your phone, go get the neighbor kid. wanna take some pic, go back 50 years and get a brownie, just one button

This from a guy who uses a muzzleloader, can't manage to get into the shell era on shotguns I guess! Thank heaven that you came a long, to give us the true way of righteousness , and dis-abuse us of silly opinions. Go find your loaner dog your friends lost and better get out trim down the 500 turkeys out back and save the quail!

oldand new I know what you mean mine was obsolete 5 minutes after i got it i gave my doughter my old to replace hers she broke and she thought it was the end of the world as old as it was and i'd only had it a year as for Mustistuff i believe i smell another shadow always something to say and never willing to prove his findings in person

Mustistuff

So you have killed 3 turkeys this fall in NW Kansas? Maybe the pheasant numbers will increase...

oldand new I know what you mean mine was obsolete 5 minutes after i got it i gave my doughter my old to replace hers she broke and she thought it was the end of the world as old as it was and i'd only had it a year as for Mustistuff i believe i smell another shadow always something to say and never willing to prove his findings in person

I forgot about Shadow! Maybe this guy is his brother, or a reincarnation, or an evil twin.

Gove, I am doing this on my phone. If I can do it any tard can. You just can't put your welding rod in it. Labs rule, brittanys drowel.

I am doing mine from the phone also i'm workin it over and you are so full of SH$$$$T them ol labs might aswell stay on the porch when ol gove counties britts come to town:D :cheers: old and new he's just a retard and turtle i get to chase them birds for the rest of the week while your slavin away for 8 hrs

Last edited:
Good point. Screw the porch my lab ain't got off the couch since we got in from hunting yesterday. I do get my stitches out tomorrow so only 6 hours of slaving. Dog is staying close to the fire which makes him smarter than me.

I hear tell ol Gove done fell and bumped his head then yesterday I gets me some danged old picture text message from him with a mess of pheasants. Gove sending texts, what's the world coming to.

The truth is GCB can't figure out his phone!!! He finds birds with the best!!! Electronics just do not operate well in Grainfield!!!!:D

I guess I am only half truthing again!!!! LOL!!!! Although still no pic's on here!!! Still holding out hope he has not started to text!!!:D:D

blue i got a new phone so i can do those cool things like text and take pictures just havent tried to put them on here yet

Back