Canceling season

Actually, if I recall correctly, in the early sixties there was a time with a limit of five and one could be a hen. Back in the soil bank days. Lots and lots of birds.

I remember those days! Seems like there was a state hatchery and a brooding center in Capauldo, Ks. (sic). When I was there they were raising golden pheasants to introduce in SE Kansas. I used to see them around, but they didn't survive past the couple of years. But quail were everywhere!

You must be thinking of the quail farm,owned by the state.It was in a strip pit area west of Pittsburg.Used to raise game birds by the thousands,always wonder way the can't do that again.That might help bring the quail population back.

rooster stuff

a rooster is good for about 27 hens, that's better than you could ever do. actually the saying goes like this: a puss in the bush is worth two in the hand, ya got it wrong bucko. actually, again, when roosters are really plentiful in relation to the hens, breading goes down, all the roosters do is fight among themsleves leaving the ladies to suffer, kinda makes you jealous doesn't it

cheers

Back