Browning Dura Touch Recall Repair

Munster927

Just shipped off my Browning Maxus to Browning today to have the Dura Touch coating repaired. No clue how long it will take, fingers crossed I get it back before turkey season in April as that's my primary turkey gun.

Anyone here have to send theirs into Browning before? How did the work turn out? I have no clue what kind of camo pattern I'll get either. My gun was originally dipped in Mossy Oak Duck Blind, I thought that camo was no longer offered but according to the guy on the phone at Browning, he thinks it is still. Regardless, I hand wrote a note I'm the box to request a new camo pattern. Hoping it turns out as good as new.

Sent 2 A-Bolt II rifles for stick refinishing in last 5 years. Took between 3-4 months, but was over the summer. Guessing this time of year would be quicker. They called me to confirm my pattern choices so I'm guessing you'll be contacted. If I remember right, your pattern was available in July when I sent last gun. 1,000% improvement over that sticky as hell Dura crap.

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping since it's winter now and some states are still going for hunting seasons, it won't take as long. Out of curiosity, did you have a pattern that they told you was obsolete and called to confirm or was your pattern available and they called anyway? I don't really care which pattern I end up with, the Duck Blind is fine, my main concern is if they don't re dip the entire gun and the patterns don't match very well. I've read some horror stories on other forums about that situation. So hopefully they re dip the entire gun so it all matches (and if I get a few scratches cleaned up in the process that's a plus).

I ended up picking Duck Blind years ago as that's all that was in stock years ago when I bought it off the rack and was too impatient to wait for the pattern I wanted. So hopefully I can get that corrected now and end up with the Shadow Grass pattern I like more haha

I picked a pattern they had available both times, and thought they still had several Mossy Oak patterns last summer. Don't think you'll be disappointed with the job based on my 2 stocks. You send it to a Missouri address??

I picked a pattern they had available both times, and thought they still had several Mossy Oak patterns last summer. Don't think you'll be disappointed with the job based on my 2 stocks. You send it to a Missouri address??
Yeah sent to Arnold Missouri. I'll feel better when the guns in Brownings hands. It felt odd to drop off my $1800 gun at a UPS store and just leave it with some 20 something year olds. Hopefully it gets where it's supposed to be haha

Benelli had same issues. They just sent me a new stock to the place that sold it to me. No questions asked and it was only a month to get it in.

I sent my black Maxus in and got it back in about a month. However, it is now wrapped with Gun Skins Kryptek Highlander.

I sent my black Maxus in and got it back in about a month. However, it is now wrapped with Gun Skins Kryptek Highlander.
Thanks for the info. According to their tracker, mines been assigned to a gunsmith but hasn't been started yet. Guy on the phone told me 4-6 months timeframe. Glad I sent it in January.

I am in the same boat as Munster and can expect what Ky Setter experienced....
My Maxus shows "a gunsmith has started working on the gun" and Benelli will be sending me a new stock when it becomes available.

Browning received the Maxus on 12/23/23 and Benelli confirmed the predicted shipment of the black M2 stock the week after.
It will be interesting to see what I get from Browning as it was a "Shadow Grass" pattern.

I sent in a black new A5 for the Dura Touch repair last July/August. They acknowledged receipt on August 1 and shipped it back to me on August 15, so 2 weeks plus shipping.

I had previously sent in 2 Maxus guns in April 2022. The black one was there about 2 weeks and the camo patterned gun was there 3 months plus shipping.

Last edited:
Update: According to the Browning service website, the Maxus has been coated and inspected and is somewhere between a finished inspection/testing and shipping back to me.

Benelli has sent me a forearm for the M2 but I do not have the Butt stock yet. I did call them to confirm that a Butt Stock is forthcoming and Support agreed but it was on backorder.

Update: According to the Browning service website, the Maxus has been coated and inspected and is somewhere between a finished inspection/testing and shipping back to me.

Benelli has sent me a forearm for the M2 but I do not have the Butt stock yet. I did call them to confirm that a Butt Stock is forthcoming and Support agreed but it was on backorder.
Good to hear on your Browning. I just checked on mine and it's apparently finished being coated and the check over/test hasn't been started yet. Hopefully mine is finished and heading back to me within a week or 2.

Received the Maxus back yesterday evening. The repairs look good. So, shipped out December 27, 2023 - a total of 68 days. I am curious. What process is used to make those repairs? Is it a dip of some kind or a wrap?

Good to hear. Mines apparently waiting to be shipped right now. And from talking with a Browning rep on the phone before, it's a complete re-dip of the camo.

Back