Bacon Ranch Pheasant Burger Sandwich

KEOutdoors

Figured this recipe needs its own thread so guys can find it again easily with a search. Seems to be getting some good reviews but is buried in another thread.
By the way i cant believe there isnt a recipes section here!

Anyways this is a recipe I came up with, but like anything I am sure it has been done before. Hope you guys enjoy.

Two pheasants (4 breasts)
1/2lb uncooked bacon
Grind the meat and bacon together with medium plate
Mix in 1/4 packet of powdered ranch season (more if you want a huge flavor punch) by hand, lightly so you do not smash up the meat too bad.
Form into patties on parchment paper, roughly the size of a good burger- they will not shrink much.
Cook on medium heat in a pan on stovetop with a little bit of olive oil to keep it from sticking. Be careful not to burn the outside before the internal is completely cooked, there is added ground pork product so it must go to 160F.

Serve on brioche bun with mayo, lettuce, and tomato. It is amazing. A little buffalo sauce makes a great addition too.

For those who cant shoot, you can substitute chicken breast 😉

There isn't a recipes section but there is a recipe topic in the Lounge.

It would be easy for Webguy to make it a sticky at the top of the Lounge though.

That sounds great, will try it when I get home. Last summer i wrapped some breasts in bacon and smoked them. Afterwards I cut them up and used on a pizza. Might smoke some and mix with bacon and grind for burgers now.

I'm getting a grinder for Christmas! Here's one. Sorry I don't have portions as I made this one up. Sometimes one bird sometimes two.. Pressure cook two birds. Pull all the meat from the bone and cut in small chunks. Add a good dose of horseradish, then mayo until I get it to the consistency I want. Then maybe a 1/4 cup of sweet pickle relish, a couple sticks of celery, 1/2 an onion, bell pepper, a few Jalapenos. salt and pepper. Eat with crackers or a sammy. Lasts a good while in the fridge. add or subtract what you want until you get it to your tast. I'm thinking about adding walnuts and grapes, because I like those type salads!

Well, a larger bird and getting most of the breast meat (no thighs) will give you right at a pound if I remember correctly. So 2 pounds plus the half pound of bacon, and your patties are how big? Half pound, then 5 monster burgers.

Well, a larger bird and getting most of the breast meat (no thighs) will give you right at a pound if I remember correctly. So 2 pounds plus the half pound of bacon, and your patties are how big? Half pound, then 5 monster burgers.
Thanks Remy, I did 3 birds with thigh and 1 lb of bacon. Going to let it sit tonight and cook up tomorrow night.

Post a review Mifor! Do use the mayo, lettuce & tomatoes. Maybe build off that.
I will do that, not a big tomato fan but will have mayo and lettuce......cheese? This will be our trip eve dinner.

Here was my test burger. Did 3 birds breast and thighs with 1lb of bacon. Not sure on the ranch amt might be a bit light. I didn't use a packet we had a big jug of it. I really like it!
1000000807.jpg

The three bird, breast and thighs with 1lb bacon yielded 8 good sized patties. My son and his buddy really liked them, they added cheese on theirs. Son wants to make some and free to take back to school with him. Again thanks for sharing the recipe.

Tried this recipe on Saturday, big thumbs up!

Breast meat from 2 birds and 1/2 lb. of bacon yielded 5 weighed 1/3# patties, with just a little bit left over. Not even enough left over for a really small patty, I just added it to the other 5.

So I have been experimenting with the ground phez, did 5 birds breast and thighs with a pound of Applewood smoked bacon and a packet of French onion seasonings. We used toasted onion buns garlic her butter. I will say this is my favorite variation so far. Also did a batch of ranch with pepper bacon, again 5 birds. Just wanted to provide an updat w/variations.

So I have been experimenting with the ground phez, did 5 birds breast and thighs with a pound of Applewood smoked bacon and a packet of French onion seasonings. We used toasted onion buns garlic her butter. I will say this is my favorite variation so far. Also did a batch of ranch with pepper bacon, again 5 birds. Just wanted to provide an updat w/variations.
Did my 1st version with the pepper bacon. I wanted to see what a simple version tasted like to start with. My wife and I both thought they were pretty good. Got another pack thawing out now. Going to try something else with this batch. Maybe Keo's original recipe.

Did my 1st version with the pepper bacon. I wanted to see what a simple version tasted like to start with. My wife and I both thought they were pretty good. Got another pack thawing out now. Going to try something else with this batch. Maybe Keo's original recipe.
Pepper bacon with our without ranch? I did mine with ranch. The French onion was very good.

Hungry now!

Back