Yuma

cowdog

Talked to my farmer friend in yuma this evening and he was even more positive about the pheasant # than engpointerman . Says they are everywhere. This comin from a guy that usually say he hasnt seen very many.
Im gonna have to make a dove huntin recon mission. :cheers:

Maybe he is going outside more this yr? Chad is always outside running around working checkin things out . But I do have to say that Bobby Hix is saying the same thing . I gave up on Colorado, I am jumping over to Ks. and not having to hunt with all the jokers shooting birds at 70 plus yrds and having to take turns hunting fields. The only thing my kennel and I get out of taking turns in a walk in fields is knocking down birds over point while other partys just finished walking the field and they are all around there P.U. next to the rd. talking chit while we are bagging birds.

If you can get on private land ,everything changes....... I've hunted with E.P. and we both have had a blast in Colorado.

I've got my 5th wheel in a trailer park in Ks. this yr. so it will keep my cost down on motels and dinning out. I'm sure I'll have Uncle Buck from S.D. and Nipquail hunter from OKla. out to my bird camp this yr. ( you too E.P.)
I wish everybody a safe and good season this yr.
Keep the post up on the Colorado side, I like hearing about all the birds.
I know we have one the the best Stae Rep. for Colorado Pheasants Forever Org. on board working hard to make Colorado one the the best states to hunt pheasants. Please support our sport, and join Pheasants forever. Call Bobby Hix. our Pheasant Forever State Rep. @ 303 -588-1542 and join up.

Be safe in the field, and have a great season!

HTS

Last edited:
Maybe he is going outside more this yr? Chad is always outside running around working. I gave up on Colorado, I am jumping over to Ks. and not having to hunt with all the jokers shooting birds at 70 plus yrds and having to take turns hunting fields. The only thing my kennel and I get out of taking turns in a walk in fields is knocking down birds over point while other partys just finished walking the field and they are all around there P.U. next to the rd. talking chit and we are bagging birds.

If you can get on private land ,everything changes....... I've hunted with E.P. and we both have had a blast in Colorado.

I've got my 5th wheel in a trailer park in Ks. this yr. so it will keep my cost down on motels and dinning out. I'm sure I'll have Uncle Buck from S.D. and Nipquail hunter from OKla. out to my bird camp this yr. ( you too E.P.)
I wish everybody a safe and good season this yr.
Keep the post up on the Colorado side, I like hearing about all the birds.
I know we have one the the best Stae Rep. for Colorado Pheasants Forever Org. on board working hard to make Colorado one the the best states to hunt pheasants. Please support our sport, and join Pheasants forever. Call Bobby Hix. our Pheasant Forever State Rep. @ 303 -588-1542 and join up.

Be safe in the field, and have a great season!

HTS

Holy cow hightail I thought you vanished. Anyways good luck in KS. I was gonna point out another obersvation that I have witnessed lately. I cannot believe the amount of birds in the dryland areas. Moisture cures bird problems is all i can say. I have lived here since 96 and the hatches even in the dryland areas is pretty phenomenal. I took a day off and drove we went to McCook on 34 then came up through Imperial to Holyoke Haxtun then down. Pretty much birds all the way dryland and irrigated. That Lamar NE had some terrible hail at some point but we did see birds. Obviously more in non-hail areas. Is was fun just to stroll along. I didnt need to be anywhere so we took our time. It would of been a better time if I knew all dirt roads from McCook to home to really see what is going on with our ditch parrots.

you can have Kansas. Colorado for me. If we dont support colorado then things arnt gonna get any better. I gotta go cause my dog wants to play ball

Back