Your favorite pheasant gun

Found my favorite gun!

I use a Ruger Red Label OU 12ga. I like it. It has a 26'" barrel. WELL!!!! the top barrel stopped working so I took it to my gun repair place to get it fixed. But I was leaving for ND the next day. I work with a guy who let me use his Benelli M2 12ga semi auto with ComforTechâ?¢ recoil system. I will tell you all one thing if I had the money I would own one of these guns. You can hardly feel the recoil which inturn will keep you on a bird for round 2 and or round three. I used 2 3/4" and also 3" shells no difference to my shoulder like my red label would be. I had to get used to the sound it made when ejecting a shell mabe cause I never used a semi auto before.
I am telling you all, if you get a chance try this gun do it! Also you can chamber a shell in seconds... it has swept me off my feet. I will start saving for this gun that is for sure. Oh yea this had a 28" barrel and for some reason I could get and hold onto a bird better then the 26". I don't know why that is but I was laughing with the friend I was hunting with saying this gun does not miss. Well sorry for the rambling but I do still like my Red Label... I will get this gun soon.

Lazlo

Well, I've yet to have a problem with my Browning Gold that I've had now for a number of years. The thing I really like about it is that I shoot left handed even though I'm right handed. The safety can be switched from the right to the left side. Yet, the action is on the right side so I can easily load and chamber a shell with my right hand.

This gun is so easy to clean, too. It can be totally disassembled without any tools. It only takes a minute to wipe it down, relube it and reassemble. I always feel like Forest Gump every time a clean the gun up! :D

I've played with a Benelli, but the safety cannot be changed on the right hand model and the left hand model forces me to use my left hand to chamber a shell. Just isn't natural to use my left hand since I'm a righty.

Of course the real key is that I've become pretty effective on knocking down birds with the Browning.

Beretta 686 O/U 12 Gauge. Choked IC and Mod. 28" barrels. Weight 7 pounds. Plain blued receiver rather than nickel. Nice wood, my older brother did a great job refinishing with Tru-Oil. Have used and owned many other shotguns, but every time I'm kicking around Cabela's or Scheel's I try to remember the old adage, "beware the man with one gun".

Sure are a lot of different "favorite pheasant guns", except for Shorhair-on-Point (Super X2) I did not see one Winchester Super X1 (all machined parts, nothing stamped out) which in my humble opinion is the finest auto evermade in the USA. If you ever get a chance to pick one up "used" do not hesitate. A little heavy but very well balanced, I own three of them.

Well where to start, I picked up a Beretta Model A301 26" at a pawn shop for $250 about 9 years ago, it was my first auto and I love that gun to this day. My wife also likes it so I've kinda lost it to her. I also shoot a Winchester 1300 Turkey with a 22" barrel, I like to use it when I'm walking shelter belts, more room to swing. This past February I purchased a Winchester Select White Field O/U 28" that is a quail killing gun. I also picked up a Winchester SX3 3.5" Synthetic Stock 26" about a week ago, man it kicks like a mule with Fiocchi GoldenTurkey 3.5" but I love it already.

The last few years I've gotten very weight concious when it comes to longarms. For shotguns I now trade off between a Benelli Ultralight 12ga. semi-auto. and a Franchi Renaissance O/U 12ga. I don't notice recoil when hunting, largely I suppose because they both fit really well.

Back