Why do they always chew up the good stuff.

moellermd

Super Moderator
So today I left the house door to the garage open while I ran to town. My pup walks into the mud room and grabs my 2 year old's favorite stocking hat and my 4 year old's hat out of the basket. Of course they are destroyed now. Why can't they grab my old work hat or gloves. Got to run and find a place to hide the dogs for when my wife finds out what he did.

never fails spend a $100 on chew toys and bones and first chance they get they'll go and find something to chew on besides what you've bought for them to chew ,just like little kids by a $100 toy and they have more fun with the box it came in than the actual toy!!!

Will you kids or wife be more mad? My wife just got bit by our pup(they were playing), she had to spend part of two days in the ER getting antibiotics to treat an infection from the bite.. she is none to happy with me right now! Just another day, I guess!

My JR Terrior has never really chewed on things he wasn't supposed too, but once he surprised me. I went out to just do a quick mow of the yard. Instead of doing dog duties this time, I just started mowing. Pretty soon I noticed these little yellow patches of cloth showing up in the yard. Well as it ends up, Rocky had chewed a pretty big whole in his kennel blanket and nicely compacted the material into dog turds. When I'd hit one with the mower, it turned back into a piece of the yellow blanket.

Amazingly, the only thing my lab has ever chewed up was the box that her kennel cover came in.

Ahhh yes those toothy little bas&^%*&'s, They are giffted aren't they. River chewed the vynal off the bar counter, which is part of the kitchen cabinets the the little craper. Then she would pull anything within 10 feet of her crate some how in to her crate and destroy it. I have no Idea how she got ahold of some of the things she did while in her crate, during the day. I told a friend of mine when we drove togeather to training for a 3 hr drive, Don't put your stuff near Rivers kennel she will pull it in and chew the crap out of it. We got there and I looked in the back to let her out and she had my brand new Vest trashed, I now wear it with a basketball sized hole in the back. Needless to say I was the laughing stock for awhile. Still am every time I wear it. But I still use it for training, every pocket and zipper is fine, just a little airy.
One thing that has realy helped is cow hoofs from mills fleet. They keep em busy and they seem to leave every thing else alone mostly.I don't know why, but they love em and they last for several days.And are cheap.

The stray puppy I kept would chew on garden & air hoses:mad:. In the shop one day I heard this awful yep she tried to chew through an electical cord:eek: while pluged in. Never chewed on stuff again. She turned out to be a pretty good dog.

Back