Where to live?

I finally bought a place 18 miles north of Pierre on Okobojo Creek of lake Oahe. A little over 20 acres with a view of the river/lake/bay. Closed on 01/22/21 and hunted the last few days of the season. Then it got cold, real cold (-22 deg). Looking forward to it warming up!
Sounds perfect

I finally bought a place 18 miles north of Pierre on Okobojo Creek of lake Oahe. A little over 20 acres with a view of the river/lake/bay. Closed on 01/22/21 and hunted the last few days of the season. Then it got cold, real cold (-22 deg). Looking forward to it warming up!
Thinking about moving to SD, just wondering about cost of utilities being so cold and all..

The low cost of living makes up for the added heat costs. Or burn wood. I did that for years. My heats costs were saw gas and sweat.

How is it living rural and outside of Pierre?
Its probably like most cities in the Dakotas. If your looking at something on the outskirts of town it will be more costly because everyone wants to live on the edge of the cities but if your 15-30miles out in a small town.... you could probably buy a decent house fo 50 grand.

Its probably like most cities in the Dakotas. If your looking at something on the outskirts of town it will be more costly because everyone wants to live on the edge of the cities but if your 15-30miles out in a small town.... you could probably buy a decent house fo 50 grand.
How easily is it get get to town in the winter weather? Do you need to stock up for months? Is there a problem with water if the pipes freeze?

How easily is it get get to town in the winter weather? Do you need to stock up for months? Is there a problem with water if the pipes freeze?
lol, Maybe during a blizzard your delayed but the state and county plows are clearing roads pretty fast. No, you do not need to stock up for months. We have walmart too!!! I lived in a trailer house and that thing would freeze the water pipes everyonce in a while but not any house I have lived in.

lol, Maybe during a blizzard your delayed but the state and county plows are clearing roads pretty fast. No, you do not need to stock up for months. We have walmart too!!! I lived in a trailer house and that thing would freeze the water pipes everyonce in a while but not any house I have lived in.
Thank you! How do I send you a PM?

Back