Where to hunt

Tuckdog

Live in Wisconsin and used to hunt in the Ashley area. Haven't been there in 4 years as we started hunting the northwest corner of state. Wondering how the bird numbers are doing in the South east corner as it is significantly closer which makes it easier to make multiple trips. Also would be interested in other areas on the eastern side of the state.

I talked with the ND DNR and they said the Brood Numbers Should be out around Sept 7-10th. They do it by region (only 4 total) SE,NE,SW,NW. This will give you a decent understanding how the SW part of the state is. But that part of the State is like SD, and will be great hunting even if you see a decline in bird numbers. I hunt north of Ashley and we have seen more birds than in years past, and the birds are further along then most years. But I haven't heard from anyone what they are seeing in the SW part of the state.

Last edited:
Wher to hunt

Thanks for the reply. I will check out the brood counts when they are available. In the mean time I guess I will get ready to head to ND to chase some sharpies. My English Pointer should be in his prime this year and I am getting antsy as is he.

Back