Where to hunt in South Dakota

coliervile

I want to take my 17 -year-old son on his first pheasant hunt this year in South Dakota.

We've hunted before in Michigan on different pheasant hunting clubs but it's really not the same as hunting wild pheasant.

I'm looking for ideas for places where we can walk in and along the ditches along the gravel roadways. I understand that South Dakota DNR allows hunters the ditches...is this true.

My son enjoys pheasant hunting and I really want him to experience the real deal. I would be grateful for any advice of where and time of season would be best to hunt in. If anyone has ideas on places to stay, hotels/motels, that would be helpful.

Thank you,
Charlie
coliervile@hotmail.com

Google "south dakota" and one option will be South Dakota Game Fish & Parks--click on that, then on the header "Hunting" and a white drop down box near the right side will open and then click on "hunting regulations" and the hunting handbook will open you then have the choice of a printable PDF file or a flip through version. Most questions will be answered here.

Back