Where to go

KansasHunter25

Ive hunted in kansas my whole life. The hunting here hasnt been the greatest so I was wondering if there are any hot spots or just generally good locations in Nebraska. We usually hunt with 6 people (including me) and 2 dogs. Any leads would be very helpful.

Probably wouldnt be able to make a trip up there until next year but I wanted to do some research early. Thanks in advance!

Ive hunted in kansas my whole life. The hunting here hasnt been the greatest so I was wondering if there are any hot spots or just generally good locations in Nebraska. We usually hunt with 6 people (including me) and 2 dogs. Any leads would be very helpful.

Probably wouldnt be able to make a trip up there until next year but I wanted to do some research early. Thanks in advance!

Hey KansasHunter25,
Not sure if you're still wanting to make the trip to nebraska this fall or not. I am from Nebraska and highly recommend hunting southwest NE, From about Harlan county reservoir to McCook is probably the highest number of bird numbers in the state, I hunt all public around the lake and do very good. If you head up this way shoot me a message I can help get you on some birds, and show you around the area. Im always looking to meet new people and have a good time.

Shawn S

Hey KansasHunter25,
Not sure if you're still wanting to make the trip to nebraska this fall or not. I am from Nebraska and highly recommend hunting southwest NE, From about Harlan county reservoir to McCook is probably the highest number of bird numbers in the state, I hunt all public around the lake and do very good. If you head up this way shoot me a message I can help get you on some birds, and show you around the area. Im always looking to meet new people and have a good time.

Shawn S

I too was thinking about passing through Nebraska this fall. The last time I hunted there was 20 years ago. At that time there wasn't much for public land to hunt. I ended up spending more time in states that have WIA, PLOTS, or Block management just because of the ease of finding places to hunt. Has that changed and can birds be found on land open to anyone?

Back