What else do you hunt?

I used to hunt big game in Alaska (moose, caribou, sheep, bear), I quit when my hunting partner aged out.
Now at age 66, I hunt ptarmigan/waterfowl Aug-Sept in Alaska.
Then I drive down to MT and hunt pheasants/huns/sharptails/waterfowl from Sept to mid-January.
Skeeter, You are one lucky man !!!

Pretty much only upland birds and waterfowl now. Used to go after coyotes and prairie dogs. Have not deer hunted in 15 years or more.

Attachments

• 827D4E47-5795-40F6-9917-A2972CC25411.jpeg
    827D4E47-5795-40F6-9917-A2972CC25411.jpeg
    786.3 KB · Views: 8
Sept through the end of Jan I’ll get out one day a week upland hunting. And that’s enough. Used to be a couple days when I only hunted pheasant quail season.
During the warm months my wife and I and the dogs will walk the river beds a few days a month looking for anything interesting. In the heat of the summer I’ll try to swim the dogs a two or three days a week.

I used to hunt big game in Alaska (moose, caribou, sheep, bear), I quit when my hunting partner aged out.
Now at age 66, I hunt ptarmigan/waterfowl Aug-Sept in Alaska.
Then I drive down to MT and hunt pheasants/huns/sharptails/waterfowl from Sept to mid-January.
I can’t quit, I just found a younger hunter to replace the one who aged out. I make him carry more than me too. Best part he has a teenage son that is coming up.

Back