Webster, SD

Need some help. I am going to this area with a friend who is gong to duck hunt, but also wants to pheasant hunt. I am going a long for the pheasant portion. Any help anyone can give me with places to hunt, stay, etc. in that area?

Thanks much!

I was to that area once a few years ago. There were a lot of walk-in areas, CRP, etc. Get an atlas from the State and you'll have plenty of places to hunt. The area is dominated by scattered ponds, surrounded by catails and marsh, adjacent to cornfields. A lot of good cover to hunt. Good luck and have fun.

Ive been to the webster waubay areas several times. I never knocked em dead with pheasants. Lots of WIA that get hammered to heck every weekend. We used to shoot the breeze with the locals having breakfast every morning and nobody could believe we were have a hard time finding birds as their own land is crawling with birds.

we stayed here last time
http://circlepines-motel.com/
small rooms and they have gone downhill since we stayed there a few years prior. The things on the walls and curtain in the shower were...shall we say....interesting. It was so bad I left a day early and slept in my Suburban in a snow storm the last night with my dogs.
We stayed at the Super 8 once too. clean rooms but is just weird walking past the restaurant, thru the lobby and up the stairs with your dirty dogs on a leash.

I haven't payed much attention to the birds #'s in SD this year but if I were you I would keep heading west another hour. Less pressure IMO. When you look at the hunting atlas it sure looks inviting but it gets hit hard..often.

If I can help further just ask. Im happy to help.

Back