Weatherby Orion V. Franchi Instinct L or SL

BPATT11

I accidentally posted this in another forum and I figured out later it belongs here.

I am interested in both of these guns just through online reading and video watching. The issue with me is I am a person that wants to put my hands on something before I spend that kind of money. So, I am here asking for reviews from people that have used one of them or has held both of them for a review.

I am looking at a 20 gauge if that matters for anything.

I shoot the franchi slx in 20, very light with no problems so far. Bought a choke set and use for all my hunts.

I have the Orion Sport 12 ga for clay and also just bought the Orion 20ga for dove and Upland hunting. I have only 400-500 shells thru each with no issues. I really like both of them a lot.

I have never used the Franchi but did look at hem at Scheels. I just felt the Orion was a better deal and the quality is good.

If you are looking for videos, also look at the reviews for the ATA SP Sporter. It is the same gun as the Orion but sold in the UK. It is very popular over there and you should see a lot more reviews on Youtube.

You will see lots of people talk about guns made in Turkey. Don't be afraid of all the talk. Some are crap and some are really good.

Back