Weather pattern

18 car

I'm certainly not advocating for sub-zero temperatures and huge snow drifts, but I would like to see the warm/dry pattern loosen its grip. 60-70 degrees F and wildfires in December are reasons for concern. The drought will be devastating for everyone if this cycle persists. Fingers crossed for moisture. I keep reminding myself the weather can change as quick as a New York minute!

We are in a similar situation here in MN where I hunt. I have perhaps never seen it this dry since I have been living here. I moved here in 1991.

All of the ditches and cattail patches are completely dry. Every time I take a step on a chisel plowed field, the dust flies up.

There is some cooler temperatures on the horizon and potential 6+ inches of snow for far northern MN this weekend (which is even drier than it is here in central MN), but we are going to need a record amount of snow this winter to make a dent in this drought. Either that or an extremely wet spring in 2022, which is not good for bird reproduction.

Drought takes time to accumulate and it also takes time to recover.

Back