Watering Systems

beaglebob1

What method is everyone using for watering your game birds?
I will post some pics of an easy made 5 gal nipple watering unit with parts list later today.

For pheasants I use two 5 gallon buckets. Each bucket has 3 no drip nipples for the birds to peck at for water. There is a hose leading to the bucket that I turn on to fill the bucket.

For quail I use the same nipple at the end of a pvc pipe. I fill it about once a week. The only picture I have is of the tube for the quail. The water tube is on the left. A feed tube is on the right. I ended up making the hole smaller for the feed tube.

DSCN0669.jpg

I ordered the nipples from farmtek. Here is a link to the nipples.

https://www.farmtek.com/farm/suppli...01&langId=-1&division=FarmTek&productId=17662

Last edited:
What method is everyone using for watering your game birds?
I will post some pics of an easy made 5 gal nipple watering unit with parts list later today.

I was short 6 nipples on this one.
3/4 pvc sch 40 pipe. this is what we use in the brooders with a bit of vinegar to keep any algae from growing. hang on a chain and adjust hight as birds grow.:thumbsup:

For pheasants I use two 5 gallon buckets. Each bucket has 3 no drip nipples for the birds to peck at for water. There is a hose leading to the bucket that I turn on to fill the bucket.

For quail I use the same nipple at the end of a pvc pipe. I fill it about once a week. The only picture I have is of the tube for the quail. The water tube is on the left. A feed tube is on the right. I ended up making the hole smaller for the feed tube.

DSCN0669.jpg

I ordered the nipples from farmtek. Here is a link to the nipples.

https://www.farmtek.com/farm/suppli...01&langId=-1&division=FarmTek&productId=17662
nice. same nipples i use. bought mine on ebay.:thumbsup:

Beaglebob1- Interesting way you used the 5 gal. bucket to spread the nipples out. I jus put 3 nipples into the bottom of the bucket and have two buckets. Whatever the method, the nipples work great and don't make such a mess with water everywhere.

Beaglebob1- Interesting way you used the 5 gal. bucket to spread the nipples out. I jus put 3 nipples into the bottom of the bucket and have two buckets. Whatever the method, the nipples work great and don't make such a mess with water everywhere.

Helps to have 14 nips for us,we have 600-800 quail in each brooder room at a time. We use 2or3 of these in each room.

Back