Wallace area?

jflewis88

Hey, All -

I will be heading home to CO from Omaha in a couple weeks, with dog & gun (a buddy in Omaha is taking me out for a day out that way).

Looking at the maps the State puts out, I see some CRP lands west and south of Wallace. Can anyone tell me if it's worth my while to detour south from the interstate to find some roosters in that area?

I know it won't be easy - late season, smart birds, etc - but if they are out there in any numbers, I'd like to have a go at them just the same.

Also, happy to trade a case of wine for a day on private, if anyone is interested… Just me and the pup, we're polite & respectful of landowner's wishes.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Yes it is worth going south of the I-state. Under the pan handle. You better have farmers with land or forgit it. The closer you are to CO. The better If you don't know anyone with land , beat on doors. Good luck:)

Thanks, guys! If I play my cards right, maybe I can shoot three in NE, pick up three more in CO on the way home (yeah, right!). It'll be fun to try, anyway!

That is not out of the question at all, I did it last year even with mild weather! The CO birds were from walk in ground to boot! Good luck!

NebDec2010006.jpg

Great looking pup! Hoping for some colder weather, but I'll take what I can get… Would be great to close out the season with a couple of limits!

Back